Do you think farting in public is rude. My husband and I have argued about this

MarkR

May 16, 2008
Farting in public is very rude you should save it for when you can trap your wife under the covers.

for a while.? My husband said it is a natural bodily function. He claims the smell will mix in with the smell of the paint at the store. What are your thoughts?
My husband says that it mixes with the paint they painted in the building. He said that when a building is painted on the inside that there is a smell that always stays in the store for the life of the store. I don't think there is, because I can always smell the fart.

It's not very polite, no, but it's not really voluntary, either.
Just walk away.

wonderful - you're married to a public farter -
you must be so proud to go shopping or travel with him!!!

I think it is funny..if you have a problem with it you take life to seriously

I think it is funny..if you have a problem with it you take life to seriously

Yeah. It is rude.
If Queen Elizabeth did it, it would be "charming."
But it is still rude.
If Paris Hilton did it, it would be "titillating."
But it is still rude.
If Michael Jackson did it, it would be "newsworthy."
But it is still rude.
If the octuplets did it, it would be "cute."
But it is still rude.
If Billy Mays did it, it would be "KA BOOOOOM."
But it is still rude.
The fact is that your husband did it, so it is just "rude."

Sometimes this happens and they just slip out without you being able to control the escape and then you need to say "excuse me" and go to the bathroom. Most of the time people just look around or pretend they don't notice. Men do this more than women I believe because my husband does it often and doesn't say a word.

your husband has no manners. he sound very immature and can be a bad influence. i think that is sick. it may be natural but you can control it. i have not ever heard my dad or mom fart in my life. farting in public is very rude! how would he feel if got stuck in fart smelling air? that is gross, disgusting, and completely immature of him to do. i'm probably more mature than him, no offense. and all of this comes from a 13 year old.

Believe it or not:

"Most people produce about 1-3 pints a day and pass gas about 14 times a day."

I personally find it hard to hold gas in...when I try it just squeaks out. And I'm a woman! I'd rather let it leave silently and hope that it isn't stinky.

Gas happens. You have less control over that and less ability to stifle it than say belching in public. I'd say this definitely isn't worth arguing over.

Back