Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do i copy a avi/divx video file, from my PC to a DVD+RW disk?

I'm having a lot of trouble with this. I basically want to copy a video file from my computer to a DVD+RW disk, and have it play in my DVD player. I've tried countless times to do this (and it says the file has been copied successfully), yet, i am able to play it back on my pc, but not my DVD player...It says on the screen, "DVD unknown". What am i doing wrong, do i need certain software to be able to do this? If so, do you know of a free version that i can download from the internet?
    Thanks in advance!

Hell! I'm even more confused now (Lol).

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need a converter, the one below is free.
    No, (A) you`re the idiot, you can send the file to a cd, but to play, in a normal dvd player it has to be converted, and burned to dvd.

ADDED.
    I know it sounds confusing, but download the converter,and give it a try, that`s how I learned,by trial and error.
    If you`re still stuck for how to use converter, after trying, post another question, or edit on here.
    I don`t use sothink myself, as I bought a programme before realising that there are free ones, but I should imagine it`s similar.
    ADDED
    Convertxtodvd, as someone mentions below is supposed to be very good, but it is a paid for programme £34.99 .
    You can download a free trial, but it leaves a watermark through the film.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need a converter, the one below is free.
    No, (A) you`re the idiot, you can send the file to a cd, but to play, in a normal dvd player it has to be converted, and burned to dvd.

ADDED.
    I know it sounds confusing, but download the converter,and give it a try, that`s how I learned,by trial and error.
    If you`re still stuck for how to use converter, after trying, post another question, or edit on here.
    I don`t use sothink myself, as I bought a programme before realising that there are free ones, but I should imagine it`s similar.
    ADDED
    Convertxtodvd, as someone mentions below is supposed to be very good, but it is a paid for programme £34.99 .
    You can download a free trial, but it leaves a watermark through the film.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to put it as a DVD-video.

From what it seem, right now you're are only copying the actual file, creating a data DVD, instead of a video one. Many DVD publishing software allows you to do this, and one such program I've used in the past to make DVD-movies is Nero.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the first two that answerd this are idiots

AVI s are best burnt to cd.

NOT DVD

just drag and drop the avi file to the icon of your burner and away you go.

but if your dvd player will not play avi then you will need to convert it.

?