Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually Families who have a dog as a pet get to know them rather well. They make pit stops to let the animal do what he wants to do, the dog will let them know in their own way when its time for them to do their thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just like you would your kid! put dog in car,when you stop to Eat/pee...let your dog do the same. I keep a bottle of water,mine drinks right from the bottle(outside of car of coarse)I f you have to leave dog in car for a few, crack window/give water just/park in shade/ be sure you have the keys...lol but don't leave the dog in the car long at all (without air)...4 hours travel should be a breeze...

Downloads
    Uploads
    lots of water, lots of stops, lots of walks, but no food until you arrive or else the dog vomits in the car.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it's not easy for the animal. You'd have to make frequent stops to walk them & let them go potty

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a truck driver my dog is in the truck for 7 to 13 days at one time, he is use to it, he has been in the truck since he was 5 weeks old and doesn't know any different. You take them for walks every 2 to 3 hours you give them toys and bones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 5 dogs.
    3 chihuahuas
    Yorkie
    Mini poodle
    The 3 chihuahuas and the yorkie are excellent in the car. Well the yorkie and my oldest chi can't ride together. They sit in the same spot in the car and they will kill each other for it.
    The poodle is Horrible in the car. She doesn't ride anywhere unless she's in a crate or held very tightly.
    My dogs are all potty trained and they will not go in the car. My oldest chi will lay under my legs and sleep. He stays close to the seat so he's not in the way. Or sometimes he will lay on my lap and sleep. My other two chis will only sit in the backseat. One in each seat. Its hilarious. Lol. they're very good riders and they'll just fall asleep and I never feed them when were on the road only water and only a little bit so they don't get car sick. My poodle will try to sit in my lap with her head out the window and she's way too big(15lbs) if I drove with her in my lap wed have an accident lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not especially a hard task.

Step one: open door, place dog in car, close door.
    Step two: open door, get in car, close door, start, drive.
    Step three: stop, let dog out for pee two hours later, give water. Repeat as necessary.

See, simple stuff, no?

12 days 'til the road trip!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123