Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its easy,they sleep most of the time,But you would have to stop and feed them and walk them so they can go to the bathroomIts not bad,

Way better than traveling with crying babies

Downloads
    Uploads
    My dog is a lab and travels fine. I stop every couple of hours but she eventually slows down, lays down and sleeps. I keep it cool in the car and that does the trick. If you get thru the first hour without pulling out your hair you got it made. Also, it depends on the breeds but I love labs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    muzzles, tranquilizers, open windows and shock collars should do the trick. works for me every time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have been taking our dog with us since he was a puppy so he is used to it. When he was a puppy we took his kennel along with us and he's housebroken and like at home he would whine when he needed out to potty; we would find a place to pull over and let him do his thing. Now that our dog is older we no longer take the kennel with us he just sleeps in the backseat. When he whines we know it's time for him to go potty. I enjoy taking our dog on trips with us.

Junior Member blindedforanimals's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have mine in the back seat, they lay down and go to sleep. make sure that you stop and let them relief themsevles a few hours and take water for them to drink.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Crate training. If the dog has learned that the crate is a safe, comfortable place to relax, then you just put the crate in the car and go. If you don't wan to use a crate or can't fit one big enough for your dog in your car, then get one of those seat belt harnesses and put a sheet over your car seat (to protect it from nails). I would never let a dog travel loose in a car. They become a flying missile if you have to slam on the brakes. A crated dog has a better chance of surviving a car accident.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol pray that they go to sleep for most of the way. And stop frequently at gas staions so they can have a bathroom break and time to stretch out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dik

Downloads
    Uploads
    The day we picked up our pup we drive for about 5 hours and then two weeks later had an overnight trip (about 1600km) to get home. We collected her from interstate while we were holidaying with my parents. It was great timing.

She has always been really good - either lies on the floor at my feet or sleeps on the seat. It depends on how many other people are in the car. Her daughter (aka chuck guts) is a different story - she drools for a while and then throws up - gross

Because we travel quite long distances with dogs and kids we always have fresh water and a soccer ball in the car. We stop in parks every few hours and have a quick run around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They make frequent stops.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast