Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: Garage sale?

brandnewowns

Garage sale?

I am planning on having a big garage sale and donating all the profits to charity for my Silver Award project. I am going to type up a letter asking neigbors for merchandise donations. Does anyone have any tips as to how I should run the sale so that it will be successful? Thank you!

Shelley
    Ask your neighbours for gently used items. Get all the donations dropped off at your home so you can sort though the donations prior to selling them. If anything is broken or not able to be sold discard it.
    price things reasonably not too high and not too low. Be prepared to negotiate on prices but don't give everything away.

group items together that can be sold as a unit instead of individually. For example maybe someone donated a children's bike to your sale and someone else donated a child's helmet sell them as one instead of individually.

To advertise put an ad in your local news paper, community paper, community calendar of events, web groups, and make up posters to put on community notice boards.

let them know what time it's going to start and when it will be over. but most important what the charity is.
    Set up your sale before the start time to be prepared for early birds.

have lots of change on hand and have a calculator ready just in case.

When collecting your donations collect bags and boxes to put the items in as they sell. Try to get a few people to help you sell items and move large items.

gary z
    if u move anything twice u r losing money.............if u think it's so nice u put a big price on it ,better keep it............

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sell something other than used clothes and broken toys for a nice change ; ;