If the republicans treat Sonia Sotomayor like the dems treated Janice Rogers Brown?

Sure. That would be OK. Recall the situation. It was May, 2005. Democrats were filibustering several Bush judicial nominations in the Republican-controlled Senate, including Brown's. Republicans were about to vote in the "nuclear option", where Senate rules would have been changed to eliminate the possibility of filibustering judicial nominees. Seven Democratic and seven Republican Senators, the Gang of 14, refused to support either the nuclear option or the filibuster of Bush judicial nominees, effectively ending the deadlock. As a result, Brown was confirmed and now sits on the 2nd Circuit Court. If all that happens again, I'm fine with it. Looks like a great example of bipartisanship overcoming BS partisan gridock.

Sure. That would be OK. Recall the situation. It was May, 2005. Democrats were filibustering several Bush judicial nominations in the Republican-controlled Senate, including Brown's. Republicans were about to vote in the "nuclear option", where Senate rules would have been changed to eliminate the possibility of filibustering judicial nominees. Seven Democratic and seven Republican Senators, the Gang of 14, refused to support either the nuclear option or the filibuster of Bush judicial nominees, effectively ending the deadlock. As a result, Brown was confirmed and now sits on the 2nd Circuit Court. If all that happens again, I'm fine with it. Looks like a great example of bipartisanship overcoming BS partisan gridock.

Press is saying that 2/3's will not put up fight. but that is most likely because and I quote
"It may have been exactly Sotomayor’s elusiveness that appealed to President Barack Obama — a man who has himself been described as ideologically elusive throughout his career. Obama knows that opponents can’t stop his nominee if they can’t pin her down."

Oh the double standards of the libs. When Bush nominated Clarence Thomas, who actually is a descendant of American slaves (as opposed to Obama whose only ties to slavery are on the slave owner side), the liberals did everything they could to attack him personally, not just his judicial principles.

Were the libs championing the fact that a true African American was filling such a prestigious and important role? Of course not. Because they don't care to see minorities succeed. They really don't. They only care to see liberal minorities succeed. Hypocritical and appalling....

As long as it focuses on actual achievements and capabilities and not ad hominen attacks. Grill her all you want, the cream always rises to the top.

ConFORMATION? Arent ALL Americans, including conny Repubs, glad Sarah Palin isn't running the show, contrary to the coward DICK cheney?

What do liberals EVER denounce each other for except being like a conservative or voting with Bush or republicans? That is the only real sin in the democrat party.

Dont look for any oversight from liberals on here. Ive asked many times about the evil deeds of liberals and they could care less.

"Bork Her"

They should rip apart every comment she has ever made,every decision she has ever made,etc

They should treat her exactly the way Clarence Thomas was treated,with zero respect,and attacked from every angle possible.

AD

She needs to be treated like Robert Bork. Crucify her like they did that poor guy. Never happen. Double standard, don't ya know?

The difference beyond time; the GOP is out of touch with this candidate and only using her for rallying funding from their hard core constituents. Sotomayor will be confirm.

I am an African American woman and I think that Janice Rogers Brown was treated too well. The woman is a disgrace.

Sonia Sotomayor can handle anything the Republicans throw at her. She is eminently qualified and capable and she will be confirmed.

How about like Bork or Thomas? I'm sure the Democrats would encourage such impartial and fair treatment, no?

Back