Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your not too knowledgeable about history arnt you?
    the romans destroyed the jewish temple and it was 2000 years before they could return to their country
    and rome became Christan because Jesus help the army of the emperor of rome kill another army. At the time the only christian country was ethiopia, i have no idea which corrupt regimes or hardliners your talking about

so your alternate examples do have the slightest relation to history and rome

Downloads
    Uploads

Is america's battle against islam resembling rome's battle against christianity

and judaism? who will win? will islam get destroyed by the USA?
    Or will the corrupt regimes of islamic countries lose power and make way
    for islamic hardliners who will unite?
    rome also was battling the extremists of judaism and christianity. the jews on masada were extreme, even for jewish standards of the day.
    As for christianity: as it encroched on rome's rule in asia minor and north africa, rome felt it had to act and labeled them extremists.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it seems like you already have your mind made up about this supposed "war" between the states and Islam. I personally am an American citizen and Muslim and have witnessed no battle between the two. Islam is a religion, and the United States is a country, so the two couldn't possible have a physical "war" just to shut that theory down. Now I can get to your real point. You are trying to compare the U.S government's obsession with these "radical Islamic terrorists" with Rome's battle against Christianity and Judaism (which I cannot recall happening ???). I personally would not compare the two. This situaiton is completely different, and to be completely honest, there really aren't as many "radical terrorists" as depicted on CNN. Not as many as our country has led us to believe. WE are actually somewhat terrorists. We seek trouble, and act surprised when we actually find it. We interfere where we don't belong, and our jaws drop at the outcome. Our problem is ignorance. We fear whatever we do not understand. I am not one of those conspiracy theorists per se, but I do not believe in all of this terrorist mumbo jumbo (not to say that there aren't any because that is definitely not true), and this is not just because I am Muslim. Given all of the contradictory evidence and our moron President prior to Obama, our country definitely had something to do with all of these alleged "attacks" and "mishaps" as well. Our government is using this "terrorist" notion as a way to cover alot of things up, and our ignorance makes it entirely possible. We're almost like kids running to our parents because of an imaginary "monster" under our beds. They use it to control us, and we turn to them and have faith in them looking for their next move that will "save us from the terrorists." Please. I refuse to buy it. There is no war between Islam and this country--only a war between this government and itself. We need to improve our own situation before we interfere in the issues of other nations. Muslims are normal citizens carrying about their business just like everyone else in this country. Islam is also the fastest growing religion in the WORLD and may soon become the dominant, so the idea of this pathetic government "wiping" it out is quite comical. There is no battle--therefore, no winner. Please stop with your ignorance and pick up a book or something. You can give me all of the thumb downs in the world and scoff at my opinion, but maybe some of this has penetrated your brain and will have some time to marinate. Either way, I get my two points, and hopefully, you'll get over your ignorance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    America isn't battling against Islam.

it's battling the very few Muslims who use Islam to "justify" murdering innocent people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not even remotely similar. Differences would fill a number of libraries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh ... no, because Christians in the Roman Empire didn't do things like set off car bombs, hijack planes, and crash planes into skyscrapers.

America has no battle with Islam. America has a battle with radical Islamic terrorists. There's a difference.

In ancient Rome, there were no radical Christian terrorists.

Junior Member Samian'sEleventhAccount's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, Egyptians and Indonesians already are voting out Islamists. They realize that "Islam is the solution" isn't a slogan that can end economic downturns nor feed their families.

Most Muslims, I don't think, care for jihads and violence and whatnot, but really want economic stability and good jobs for their families.

Downloads
    Uploads
    God already won the battle will be played out victor already decided,Christ wins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rome never battled against xtianity or judaism - read a history book or two - will ya,

America is not in a war against Islam. Where do you fundies come up with that kind of crap? Is it spelled out for you in your alphabet soup? Does sky-daddy whisper to you? What?

A better question would be - will America ever win the war against religious idiots?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It also Created the Roman Catholic Church and the Bible under Emperor Constantine. The Bible was manipulated by the Roman emperor to allow him to control the Church and State, thereby withholding the truth from the Masses. the Holy Roman Church slaughtered the last of the real Christens in the south of France.
    Rome had to accept Christianity because it was so popular with the masses of people, However Constantine was an astute politician and he cleverly defined and accepted a mystery shrouded Church that left people more confused about their reality. Jesus the Man of Nazareth at about age 28 found within himself a connection to his Creator. From that time on he was Christ Jesus and spoke as thought God was speaking through Him. He spent the rest of his time here trying to tell us how we could do the same and even more. He Said.
    OUR BATTLE IS NOT WITH ISLAM- BUT WITH THE EXTREMIST element of the Muslim Right who want to keep control of their Women and do not want to acknowledge any civil government. This is Clearly not the majority of Islam. Or even Close. Thanks for the interesting question and I wish you well on your Spiritual Journey...I Salute the Christ within You...Bless You....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast