Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. There are so many ways to stop it. :]

I stopped a recent one about me and my ex hooking up.

I started a counter rumor. And It was "that girl (me) was seen wit Chris last weekend making out at the local park."

That way... people knew that I had allready moved on and nothing happened between me and my ex.

It depends on the rumor. but you can't technically start the counter rumor.

You have to say it to your friend really loudly infront of someone who either hates you.. or someone known to start rumors.

If you need help chosing a counter rumor or another way to stop a rumor.. email me. I've stopped plenty of rumors.:] ones for me, and my friends. :]

Ohhh. and acting like it doesn't bother you... WONT WORK! Tried many times.
    One time they started an even worse rumor.
    When I reacted and yelled at them to stop... "They said.. too late.. it's allready passed arround."

Another rumor about my friend.. it seemed that everyone knew.. but in reality... only about 5 people knew... and they diddn't believe it...

Or you can find the source of the rumor.. (I found mine a few times... by asking arround...) (and I also realized they story I had said ... I told to 2 friends. each seperate times... and we were alone both times... so i figured out which one did it) and once I found out who did it... I diddn't fight fire with fire.

I simply said... "Stop. You're not cool for starting it. You do it because you're jeallous. If we're friends.. we don't need to be jeallous. so please. get over yourself.. before everyone finds out the "real you""
    The rumor stopped. and she came to me a day later and said... "I told everyone it wasn't true. I'm sorry. I just heard that story and put your name in it..because I was jeallous. sorry. "

when you play with fire.. you're going to get burned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what i'll do if i was in your place :
    1) i would say ' If You Dont Know The Facts..Then Shut it ..Oh and in your case you dont know anything ..so you should be quiet for the rest of your life '' thats a great diss
    2) Fire+Fire=Bigger fire ..Fire+Water=safe..You be the water in this case ...to stop bad rumors ..get everyone's attention and say .' nah it aint true' and act cool about it ..x
    3) Be strong within your heart .x x
    ii hope i helped xx

Junior Member strawberryprincess's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you can never stop rumors from spreading, trust me people will find something else to talk about later because their losers like that..act like it doesnt bother you, they wont keep talking about.. rumors go around once like a circle until a new rumor comes along

screw everyone who talks about others

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do something good for the community and make sure it gets public...or planed something that can be seen on ur local newspaper...or something u get the idea..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Move to a town that has more than one post office and if u cant who cares none of those ppl are paying the bills..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ignore it.

Live your best and be yourself, people will know rumours are not true when they become closer to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    pretend like you dont know about this rumor and just ignore it. People will eventually forget about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    fight fire with fire. tell everyone he has a tiny ding dong and likes stuff in his butt

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry about what happened. All you can do is to be silent about it. You see, you said the story is just made up. So no matter how bad the rumor is, the truth will come out. In the end, it will be your ex's burden and people won't believe him.

Just as long that you don't really hurt anyone, let it go. People... They do love to talk bad things about other person. Let them feast on it until they are full and tired of the story.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ignore the rumor. If people come up to you or see you and they start making faces and start being mean then ignore them, or say it was just a rumor!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast