Can I play Blu Ray Films on a PS2?

W

Wicklewolf

Simply that really. And if yes, do the films have to be originals, or will copies play as well?

Nope

The PS2 doesn't contain the software to play Blu Ray.

simple question with a simple answer.
would you like fries with your NO?
or just a NO and coffee.

get the hint? that clears it up for you

No you can only play DVD films on a ps2. Ps2's were only made to read dvd formats only. not hd-dvd but dvd.

I can't believe this question is being asked.

No. The PS2 was built before Blu-Ray, of course you can't.

No you can't ! In order to watch movies in the blu-ray format, you need a blu-ray high definition dvd player or a PS3 ! The PS2 does not have a blu-ray dvd drive ! The PS2 has a regular dvd drive thus you can only watch regular non-high definition dvd movies !

No you can't ! In order to watch movies in the blu-ray format, you need a blu-ray high definition dvd player or a PS3 ! The PS2 does not have a blu-ray dvd drive ! The PS2 has a regular dvd drive thus you can only watch regular non-high definition dvd movies !

YES they can believe it or not! Blockbuster online accidently sent me a bluray disc and shockingly my PS2 (bought 2 years ago) played it perfectly. I was amazed at the picture and sound quality!!!!
Mel

Josh - You must be soooo smart, or so incredibly ignorant to realize that sometimes technology is built to be backwards-compatable. The question is not un-believable at all.. it's valid. Next time, maybe you could be a little more humble AND helpful.

I played a Blu-Ray Disk on my PS2. Yes it can. It plays lower quality, but it still plays Blu-Ray. Everyone else in this thread is FAIL.

I didn't see some of the later replies that said yes you can... Sorry to those people, you're not fail.

Back