How do you like your hockey? CBC, Rogers Sportsnet, TSN, NBC, Versus, FSN, MSG or...

sgoldperson

Jun 3, 2008
Well I don't know about Canadian stations, I don't pick them up. My choices are NBC, Vs, and FSN. I'll take FSN any day.

CBC

Since it's on TSN tonight I will watch the Jays on TSN2 instead.

Besides, I am sick of hockey or the poor excuse that hockey has become thanks to that asshole Bettman.

On second thought, I'll watch the Memorial cup on Sportsnet...better hockey any way.

Fuck the NHL and fuck hockey, and fuck anyone that disagrees with me.

Mickey Redmond commentating and flipping out over missed calls is and will always be better than Versus or NBC.
Go WINGS!

It's hard to compare some of them. I'm a sens fan and see most sens games on sportsnet, but it's a more local, cheaper, broadcast.

I used to think CBC was better than TSN, but I'm not sure anymore. For history sake it is. I think I'd rather the CBC cover the gold medal game in the Olympics, for example. But TSN's broadcast is smoother. It doesn't break down into confusion like HNIC does, and I think TSN does a better job capturing the game atmosphere. You can hear the crowd more. It seems more exciting.

If you want it smoother and more professional, TSN. If you want history and tradition, CBC.

On ice.

Honestly, I am not bothered as some are by different broadcasts. EVERY network has some terrible commentators....yes, even CBC, Bob Cole should have retired about 20 years ago. Don Cherry is a senile old bigot hypocrite.....but I still enjoy watching him to see what spews out of his piehole and he does have a good read on the game.

Then you have TSN/NBC with Pierre McGuire....he annoys me to no end.

Versus, MSG and FSN also have their fair share of guys who are hard to listen to.

Danny Gallivan and Foster Hewitt......now THOSE were great announcers.

Back