Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My computer won't download zip or torrent files!?

Im not trying to download music or movies, just game mods and stuff, but any time I click on a zip file my computer just shuts the download down instantly, with no warning or reason or anything. It just says "Save or open file" and when I hit Open it shuts down. If I hit save and then try to open it, it just douse not come up.

I trued downloading

bittornado
    Utorrent
    winzip

webzip

Most of them would not load right or would not open. My computer is a windows Vista and its not even a year old so it cant have much problems. Is there a setting I have to change or something?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you try with other files that are from the internet? if it is a zip file, normal windows should be able to take care of it. save as... then go to the place u actually saved it, and open the compressed folder. if it opens and closes, the only problem could be that something is wrong with the folder itself, probably adware or a virus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try download and install WinRAR

http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

Once installed, download the zip file to a place on your PC.

Right click on the Zip file, and click "Extract to fileNameHere\" where "fileNameHere" is the name of the ZIP File.

I hope this helps!

- Reelix

Downloads
    Uploads
    you have a virus/malware/trojan or some other issue that changed your registry. scan for it with a paid program or download Avira from www.avira.com on an other computer then burn it and install it on your computer... run it and scan.

If you use IE then try to download and install firefox instead. It will not fix the problem but will allow you access to download other stuff as it deals with files differently.