How do I copy files onto a CD/DVD?

carolebolwell

May 19, 2009
I have some files on "my documents" folder that I would like to put onto a CD/DVD as I want to free up disk space on my computer, can anyone let me know how to do this please?

you can use all sorts of software. i use nero 9 but there are all sorts of free alternatives such as media player etc

you need a cd/dvd burning disk drive for starters. if your cd drive has the words wr or rw on it, it can burn disks. if it sais dvd wr/rw, then it can make dvds. get some blank disks/dvds from your local general store like bartell drugs, then download a program that burns cds. record now is free i think, so go for that one. if you do, click "create a data disk" and then follow instructions.

Put the cd into the pc and double click on the (usually D drive) and then double click on documents and copy from documents then paste to (d drive).

Go to my computer and then open your CD or DVD drive. Then find the files you want to copy and either drag them into the drive or cut and past them.

Go to my computer and then open your CD or DVD drive. Then find the files you want to copy and either drag them into the drive or cut and past them.

take whatever file you want to copy and right click it copy and paste it into the cd folder!
in th cd folder by file, you will get an option 'copy these files to a cd or device' click on that and within minutes it should upload onto your cd! however if the data is to large for the cd than it wont go!

copying on window media player is slightly easier! you put in the cd select which cd or dvd drive you want it to copy to and than select burn or synchronize according to the computer that you have! good luck.
Rebbecca

Use ImgBurn it's awesome heres the link:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

nero start smart

----------------------------------------------

right click and select copy (for files u wanna copy)
go to my computer, right click and select explore (on cd icon)
paste in the folder

Back