Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    floating_balloons

When do tortilla chips expire?

I bought two bags (1 1/2 feet long each?) of plain tortilla chips (packaged by Carrefour, the supermarket I bought them from), and it might take me one to two weeks to finish one bag. There's no expiration date on the bags, so I wanted to ask when they'll no longer be good to eat. You see those Doritos and Lays chips that say they expire the next year, so does that also apply to plain tortilla chips?

Anonymous
    As long as the bag is closed they should stay fresh and crisp....once you open the bag they could get stale pretty fast.

Anonymous
    As long as the bag is closed they should stay fresh and crisp....once you open the bag they could get stale pretty fast.

Maris
    Tortilla chips last a long time. When you open the bags just make sure they're crunchy - and seal the bags well when you're taken out what you want. That will help keep them fresh - the chips get stale when you leave them exposed to air.

none
    when u poop them out

Jeff L
    Smell them. The aroma of rancid oil is not subtle. You will know if they are bad.