Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Brian M

i have a wharfedale lcd full hd tv and a wharfedale hdmi dvd recorder, how come

when i connect them via scart lead i can only pick up terrestrial tv on the dvd recorder? it doesnt seem able to pick up the integrated freeview from the tv. am i doing something wrong or do i need an hdmi cable before i can get this?

Darknight
    I cant answer your question, but just wanted to tell you how cool it is to see Wharfedale mentioned on this site. Most Americans have no idea what that brand even is. I love Wharfedale speakers and have a full set if the Zaldek line. Sorry to take up your space with this but I had to! Cheers

brian.humble
    you just need to tune the dvd into sky or whatever
    keep tuning youll get it good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't say where the antenna lead is plugged in. In a set-up like yours, it would normally go straight into the DVD, and you should then be able to see the Freeview channels on your TV, through the TV decoder. Presumably this is what you've got running now ?

I do not know why you have used a SCART lead to connect the two units. An HDMI lead is the obvious choice, and this will give you a better picture.

If the DVD does not have its own Freeview decoder, then you must use the TV audio/video "OUT" sockets to take the signal to the DVD recorder. You also might have to use an antenna "splitter" to take the antenna directly to the TV.

Surely you have the instruction books for both machines ? Does it not give sufficient guidance in those ?

I hope this helps.

MellowMan
    First try connecting with a HDMI cable. If that does not work it's because the DVD recorder does not have it's own freeview tuner. You will have to connect the DVD recorder from the output on TV to the input on DVD recorder. This means you can only record the programme the TV is set to.
    To overcome this get a separate Freeview set top box and connect this to DVD recorder.

paulrb8
    change the scart lead, the tv will only be seen on DVD av1 etc channels...