Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How is using the Bible as ammunition against gay people, any different

than using it against black people? In the American South black people won the right to marry out of their race, in the early 2000's, I think it was 2005 for Alabama. That is just 5 years ago, so how can a populous really expect the country to be liberal enough to accept gays, when just 5 years ago blacks did not have to right to marry in the South until 5 years ago?
    This may seem totally proposterous, that in the 2000's black people did not have the rights to marry anyone they chose, in every state in America. But the facts are all over the web, you can research it if you wish.

Just a little perspective, perhaps we are not all as liberal as we think we are?
    The fact is that the Bible was used to promote racism, even black slavery. Read a history book, ignorance won't save you.
    "In November 2000, after a statewide vote in a special election, Alabama became the last state to overturn a law that was an ugly reminder of America's past, a ban on interracial marriage. The one-time home of George Wallace and Martin Luther King Jr. had held onto the provision for 33 years after the Supreme Court declared anti-miscegenation laws unconstitutional. Yet as the election revealed -- 40 percent of Alabamans voted to keep the ban -- many people still see the necessity for a law that prohibits blacks and whites from mixing blood."

did I stutter?
    http://www.stopthereligiousright.org/miscegeny.htm
    I think you all need a history lesson here, seriously, this info is all over the history books, I am not the one writing it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    what does TIRH mean?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gay is a choice.....this is old news.......tirh

Downloads
    Uploads
    The banning of interracial marriage was lifted in 1967 by the Supreme Court ruling in the landmark Loving v. Virginia case.

Alabama's law was obviously unconstitutional, but thanks for citing it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Being gay is a choice, being black is not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Being gay is a choice, being black is not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dude! I would KILL for a bible cannon! That way I could shoot all the fundies in the groin when they give me a hard time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't understand how states can use the bible for any kind of law-making. What happened to the separation of religion and state? And during the elections, all of a sudden we were a Christian country? And it was preposterous to think that we could have a possible Muslim pres? An atheist pres would have been better? I don't know. I just don't get this country anymore. It's gone from the American dream to the American nightmare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because unlike being African American, homosexuality is a choice, just like hermaphroditism and lactose intolerance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Racism is a sin and homosexuality is a sin. Racism is hatred of a race of people, homosexuality is sexual immorality. God never said being black is a sin, but he did say homosexuality is a sin. Remember sodom and gomorrah and there are a few instances in the new testament as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast