Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i dropped my phone sony ericsson w959 in hot chocolate?

will it still work ? do i need to send it to the shop ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were you, I wouldnt use it for a while and let it sit for a couple of days and let it air out. I'm guessing it will work after that, but if not, just trade it in for a new one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    L.o.l

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take it apart, by removing cover, battery and sim card out.

Place in either a bowl of rice, or in a warm room (like an airing cupboard? over night.

Then replace all components.

It should be fine after that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Natalie to start off with if you take your phone to be repaired & an engineer takes a look at your phone the 1st thing they will say is because its been liquid damaged is that the phone is beyond economical repair i.e they will not repair it because of the liquid damage & it will be cheaper to buy a new phone ! basically what happens when a phone gets wet is that the components inside the phone start corroding straight away ! ok you may dry it out but after a few days/weeks your phone will start playing up not ringing/vibrating the screen will go blank etc despite what people say about drying it out you will be better off buying another phone ... sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Junior Member mysteriousstranger's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend dropped hers in the bath, and the answer is no - liquid kills them.

You can always cross your fingers and hope it works. If it doesn't send it to the shop. I can guarantee you'll be doing this anyway, but sometimes you get lucky

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Natalie to start off with if you take your phone to be repaired & an engineer takes a look at your phone the 1st thing they will say is because its been liquid damaged is that the phone is beyond economical repair i.e they will not repair it because of the liquid damage & it will be cheaper to buy a new phone ! basically what happens when a phone gets wet is that the components inside the phone start corroding straight away ! ok you may dry it out but after a few days/weeks your phone will start playing up not ringing/vibrating the screen will go blank etc despite what people say about drying it out you will be better off buying another phone ... sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the battery out. Wipe the battery dry as well as the battery compartment, the keyboard, etc. Let it sit and dry for a day or two. Then put the battery back in. If fluid did not get inside the phone and cause damage, it may still work.