i dropped my phone sony ericsson w959 in hot chocolate?

If I were you, I wouldnt use it for a while and let it sit for a couple of days and let it air out. I'm guessing it will work after that, but if not, just trade it in for a new one.

Take it apart, by removing cover, battery and sim card out.

Place in either a bowl of rice, or in a warm room (like an airing cupboard? over night.

Then replace all components.

It should be fine after that.

Hi Natalie to start off with if you take your phone to be repaired & an engineer takes a look at your phone the 1st thing they will say is because its been liquid damaged is that the phone is beyond economical repair i.e they will not repair it because of the liquid damage & it will be cheaper to buy a new phone ! basically what happens when a phone gets wet is that the components inside the phone start corroding straight away ! ok you may dry it out but after a few days/weeks your phone will start playing up not ringing/vibrating the screen will go blank etc despite what people say about drying it out you will be better off buying another phone ... sorry to be the bearer of bad news

My friend dropped hers in the bath, and the answer is no - liquid kills them.

You can always cross your fingers and hope it works. If it doesn't send it to the shop. I can guarantee you'll be doing this anyway, but sometimes you get lucky :)

Hi Natalie to start off with if you take your phone to be repaired & an engineer takes a look at your phone the 1st thing they will say is because its been liquid damaged is that the phone is beyond economical repair i.e they will not repair it because of the liquid damage & it will be cheaper to buy a new phone ! basically what happens when a phone gets wet is that the components inside the phone start corroding straight away ! ok you may dry it out but after a few days/weeks your phone will start playing up not ringing/vibrating the screen will go blank etc despite what people say about drying it out you will be better off buying another phone ... sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Take the battery out. Wipe the battery dry as well as the battery compartment, the keyboard, etc. Let it sit and dry for a day or two. Then put the battery back in. If fluid did not get inside the phone and cause damage, it may still work.

Back