Me and my boyfriend just argue all the time and i feel so down?

Emma

May 18, 2008
Me and my boyfriend have been together over 3 years and I love him unconditionally, more than anything and I was sure that he felt the same way but im at a loss at what to do at the moment cause we just argue about anything, i feel i try my hardest in the relationship and whenever we argue or are close to splitting i fight for us and he doesnt ever seem to make the effort to. The last year or so he has seemed like a different person. he says he loves me and cares for me but hes not the kind considerate loving person he was. He doesnt show much emotion anymore he gets angry at me,which he says is my fault cause i make him angry when we argue, i guess thats fair enough im the same its just he used to be so calm and all i want him to do is to take my hand when im upset and look at me and tell me he loves me. But he wont. its like i dont know him anymore. I always say i cant cope anymore and im leaving him but at the end of it all i go back to him cause we both say we want a future together and we love each other. I try and talk things through with him but its like he doesnt care enough to try or listen. I guess i just feel like it was perfect and now its not. Im at uni atm and we were going to try and find a place together when i finish, but i dont think i can live with him if its like this all the time. I dont know what to do my mum says hes just a typical man but i think its more than that. I dont want to leave him i love him more than anything and he says he loves me like that too but the way he is makes me feel otherwise. What should I do here?

me and my boyfriend have the same problem . if you find yourself fighting over dumb stuff just look him in the eyes and say, "hey , why are we arguing ??" idk if that will do it for you and your man , but it does it for me all the time .

me and my boyfriend are same excepet im going to college soon and we wanna move in together and he always says he wants to marry me and have kids when were older and all this bullshit, but when it comes to arguing he puts his past on me and thats why we argue because im not like a perfect girlfriend because he thinks im going to end up cheating on him like his ex's did, but what he doesnt realize is hes gunna make me leave him and i scared him once by breaking up with him and literally not answeing any of his calls or messages etc.. and he realized shit i dont wanna loose you etc ive been his longest girlfriend and he had changed till bout 2 weeks ago now we argue bout EVERYTHING, and i mean everything stupid things, small things, and when i say hey this is stupid he is always like to you not me... but what he doesnt realize is it is stupid and just wants to fight because thats what him and his ex's did. it sucks hardcore.. and he also tries to pull the whole u do shit wrong to etc.. when i say what?? he says i dont know right now but there is something but never can come up with anything. pretty much alli can say is actually go through with breaking up with him like for more than a couple hours or a day.. see if that works if not than best bet deal with it or leave the only reason im still with my boyfriend is because he has changed and is just he takes forever...... good luck

same thing going on

I have the SAME thing going on. All my boyfriend is whine about what he doesn't have and whine even more about what he wants. we have also been together for three years and he and I are each others longest relationships. It does suck when we fight all the time about everything. I am in the same situation you are and its hard for me to give you advice when iam under the same umbrella...all i can say is to you and myself is "it shouldn't have to be this hard, relationships are difficult...but when it comes to the point where you find urself praying that he will take longer than 10 min taking a shower so you can have some peace, or find urself silently crying to urself...then you know you are unhappy. If you are more than willing to live your the rest of ure life this way (and get married to him...have kids...) then stay with him, but if not I would say its time to find true happiness, even if that means being by urself for awhile.

stupid girl

same here, I'm really at the end now, 10 years with this supposed man, and everyday i feel stupid, ugly, weak, and sick, he tells me one min he loves me and wants to be with me, then the next min he says he wants me out. I'm really at the end i have gave this guy chance after chance to prove he cares, but he keep failing me, if I could just find the courage to leave, I really want to, then I find me contiplating if I'm doing the right thing. Is it worth the 10 years or no? then i say to myself if I'm not happy leave, but I know if I leave hes ruined it me and relationships period, and I also don't want to be alone.

i have the same problembut now its gotten to the point where me and my boyfriend hits each other and he calls me names and say im ugly and he doesnt want me and it hurts buh i dont know what to do.i get redi to leave him buh then he always say he loves me nd pulls me back in the relationship. its just so hard to leave idk wat i should do

my boyfriend wants me to quit smoking and ive tryed but i havent succeded. ive smoked for years, and its a little thing i mean hes not asking for alot but its hard for me to give them up but im trying . and ive lied to him before so now he doesnt trust me with anything i say which means we fight alot more about all kinds of stupid stuff and i just recently put the patch on and havent smoked for a few days !!! and i thought that things would get better between us cause i dont smoke anymore but they havent. i dont know what to do anymore i just dont think things are going to ever get better between us and im at the end of my rope . but i dont want to lose him . i have alot of thinking to do :(

Me and my boyfriend fight constantly!! we use to just fight once in a while here and there but now its all day and night and it makes me literally insane! I love him so much and could never picture myself with anyone else but I am deff unhappy everyday.. I cry all the time and he doesnt even care.. I try to sit down and talk to him and try and figure out what the hell the problem is but its like I'm just talking to myself in circles.. the conversation never gets anywhere.. and if we ever do stop fighting and make up its only for a couple mins until we're back to fighting again.. Leaving him never feels like the right thing to do for some reason.. I feel like eventually we will be okay but I dont see it happening anytime soon.. Also, we are together almost 24/7 and I think that could also be the problem and another problem is he is the most stubborn person I have ever met! but with you I would say just trying and sit down with him and try to figure out what the problem is.. becuz yes you fight about a bunch of different things but you gotta look at the big picture! try to figure out what you guys could do to prevent these things from happening.. also on your part, try not to start any fights with him and when he starts fights with u, try to just ignor him and not fight back.. thats something I also need to work on becuz its deff hard to bite ur tounge but somebodys gotta do it.. GOOD LUCK

stop stressing the relationship.change focus my sisters!!

ok.. ive been going through the same things.fighting all the time. i know lack of trust and lack of respect are the real reasons why. my bf doesnt make me feel safe all the time and i lash out with hurtful words and so goes the cycle..but now that i did leave him..i realize that i gave up myself in the relationship. he didnt and maybe thats why we resenyd eachother.. guys are not supposed to be our whole world only 40% at most. i miss my babyluv and i miss being my independent fun self... i recommend the book called why men love bitches...honestly its my second bible

Try having two kids and being in this situation. Having no where to go but a 2 bedroom to live with your mom and 2 sisters. That's 6 people that fight all the time. Well we got kicked out of there and then we got stuck outside forever until I decided there's no where to go but home!! Now I'm stuck here with an emotionally abusive fiance and no place to go... Because he won't fucking leave!!!

i had the same problem i asked him to leave and have regretd it everyday neva give up on the one u love

You are beautiful<3

i have the same problembut now its gotten to the point where me and my boyfriend hits each other and he calls me names and say im ugly and he doesnt want me and it hurts buh i dont know what to do.i get redi to leave him buh then he always say he loves me nd pulls me back in the relationship. its just so hard to leave idk wat i should do

I am not one to judge you, because my mom and dad were still are like this. They have been together over 15 years. My dad calls my mom ugly, and fat, and all this BS. She still stays with him though because he tells her he loves her at the end of it...I think she should leave him. No one should be unhappy in a relationship. Everyone is beautiful...I mean it too, EVERYONE. Yes, that means you too, you are beautiful, and if he isn't going to change, then you need to leave him and find someone who will make you feel like the most special girl in the world...I have a boyfriend and he constantly calls me skinny, beautiful, gorgeous, and ect..but we argue a lot, and when we do, he calls me "dumb @#!*% ", and "stupid" but it isn't a hate fight, it is usually about jealousy..or me being a stuck up @#!*% and not saying I love you back to him..(only when he makes me mad). Arguments in a relationship is normal but when it gets to the point, they are putting the other person down, and you are not happy with them...that is when you need to leave. I know I sound like those radio stations who are suppose to help you with your relationship problems and make you break it off...but let me just say this. I am only 13. I personally think you should leave him find someone who is going to treat you right, someone who thinks you are the most gorgeous girl in the world..someone you can see yourself spending your life with. You will find him some day. Trust me,Life is nothing but a fairy tale, waiting for you to turn its pages, only then will you release the magic. (I know I sounded stupid<--) eh my opinion and all. Do what you want to do. It is your choice. Just think about it though.

:rockon::rockon::clubbing:yeah me and my boyfriend fight like crazy! and it's over stupid things too. We got into like two fights just today, and i'm scared to death that i'm going to lose him! I just got done texting him that i didn't want to fight anymore, and he is agreeing with me thank goodness. I love him to death and I don't want to lose him over some stupid PMS day i'm having or something. But i'm trying no doubt :) I think it's going to be okay now, but i'm not making any promises to myself, because i tried this same thing for my new years resolution and we actually fought more and worse than normal for a week or so. So here's hopin :)

ok everyone has been sayin thier problems and no reply this is just plain stupid why hav up a damn website if you know that you are not going to reply to people questions?????????????/

Me (31) and my boyfriend (34) have been together for 10 years. We have two kids together one and four. We fights constantly! Pretty much from day one. It's sad that he still doesn't trust me and it's for NO reason (I believe). We got off on the wrong foot from the start, I was a stripper (just a year into it) 20 at the time and he worked at the club as a bouncer/bartender. This sounds real bad, but we were both in relationships (me not so much just dating this guy who I recently admitted to me he had cheated on me (whatever)). He had two kids with t his other women. We both let our significant others at the time know right away, so we could be together and then ended moving in together.
We fought /fight all the time still. He doesn't trust me and constantly asks me if I'm seeing someone else, if I had cheated him on that day, have any guys flirted with me, and so on. I used to be afraid to tell him if guy even talked to me or sat down at my desk (respectful new job), because he would get so mad and we would fight about that. So yes I have lied to avoid fights only. I have never cheated on him, and have been 100% faithful to him and mean everything. Never went to lunch, dinner, breakfast. Never had any guy or buy me drinks or met with any guy out side of work, I' mean NOTHING. Never had a secret email, phone convo or texting to any DUDE (unless brother or step dad).
Most of our fights are based off SEX. He always wants it like 4 to 5 times a week. He always wants to hump at the most inconvenient time. When I'm leaving to go to work or something, on my lunch break or like 11pm at night. When I don't want to have sex it turns into this huge thing like I'm hiding something, I don't love him anymore, I must be seeing someone else. He says I don't put any effort in which I do. I feel like I manage and take care of EVERYTHING! Everytime we fight he makes me feel like it's my fault and i'm f'ing up all the time. He's a better communicator then me, so by the end of fighting for hours I feel like I'm left with no legs to stand on because he has out argued me. Don't get me wrong. I'm 90% bitch and have a quick tongue, but have never been great at discussing my feelings or communicating. He has never hit me, but definitely calls me names almost now right from the beginning of the fight (slut, whore, bitch, cunt). I'm afraid to talk back especially since I'm not confident in my communication skills, and trust me I gotten "crazy" on several accounts and have a HUGE problem when I feel like I'm getting punked by him if that makes sense. But getting louder makes it worse so I try not to and I feel like I have this resentment built up because I feel like I take care of EVERYTHIGN and most responsible. I'm afraid if I get loud now he has such a temper that it he will break stuff, punch hole in the walls/doors and just destroy.
Today we got this in this tiff bc I didn't want to give it up on my lunch break. I have to get our daughter from pre school everyday on my lunch break. He always wants me to drive to the house to see him, buts its everyday and if I don't I'm probably off cheating on him or something, so I do come home. Then I have to drive my daughter to her daycare. Everything is close by so I can stay about 20 mins on my lunch break, so as you can see its inconvenient to get all the way undressed and have sex all the time on my "20" min lunch break. He gets mad and I try not to let him make me feel guilty about not wanting to have sex, so i leave after saying bye and that I love him. he yells a few thigns loud enough to hear, but Im trying to not let it be my problem. He comes to my work and makes a seen. Not a big one, but at least enough to where I have to tell my boss we are having issues. There is so much to vent about. I don't even know if we should stay together. We fight in front of the kids. We both feel unappreciated in different ways. We love each other. Hes always telling me how sexy and beautiful I am. How much he loves me and how attracted he is to me. He always buys me something. Just little things even when he stops at the gas station, he will pick up a juice and a snack or something. He's a real man and would kill for me and he would be somebody I would want on me team if it meant life or death. I just can't stand how I feel and always having resentment. He says I'm disrespectful to him and have major attitude problem and not a very good listener. I always have excuses on why I can't do stuff for him and much more. I don't know.

Warum kann hier jeder reinschreiben ohne sich zu regristrieren?:3_3_21[1]::cold day::you are looser::italian guy::eek::tongue out:

So me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 2 years. Im not even kidding you we used to be perfect we NEVER fought or anything. We laughed at the people who fought, and now we do everyday almost :( Theres a reason behind it, is found some txts in his phone a couple months ago and he's had a lot going on so i never confronted him about it but i think thats why we fight so much, i think since i found those i've become a physco about everything, what should i do?

its hard, the fights, the quarrel, its the same with me. because of me, he became someone, he has a good work now, and a good salary. he reached somewhere in life with me, and now he has that, he's treating me like a dog or better yet, he treats me as im nothing, he treats the dogs better than me. i feel im his slave, not his lover. i love him deeply. 5years i gave my love to him, but its going, i dont know what to do.

I've been with my fiancee for 3 years. I would like to say as a man that I need respect from my lady. I can say that the reason why your man doesn't seem loving like he used to is because of how you're approaching him. Think about it, you probably get in his face, waving your hands around, demanding eye contact when you argue; essentially when you argue, you are demanding LOVE and connection from him. You want him to show some empathy and to speak nicely to you.

Well, us men need RESPECT and we can't be loving with you being so confrontational. Then, if neither one of us is able to give each other what we need/want, we end up going on this non-stop stream of arguments and no one is happy.

Okay, so try and be more respectful to him and be nice. It may not work instantly but you'll see that when you give him respect, he will start to open up and be more loving. Otherwise, he will go back into his man cave and wait for the dust to settle.

In the same sense, men need to see that their women need reassurance that we love them. In your post, you kept reassuring yourself that he loves you. "He says he loves me" but you don't feel it obviously and that's because he's not being loving like he used to. But you know what, I bet your man would die for you if the situation called for it. He loves you. It's just hard for him to show it when you start waving your hand at his face and demand love and connection in a disrespectful way. Show respect, get love. This is what he wants.

Sad part is my fiancee knows this but she still results to hitting me in the face while I'm driving on the expressway or insulting me non-stop over a simple disagreement. She gets extremely disrespectful and I cannot respond to her the way she wants me to. There's very little hope for our relationship if she continues to behave this way, but you seem like a loving and reasonable girl, so try to remember to be respectful.

My boyfriend doesnt seem bothered

My boyfriend behaves exactly the same, I've been with him for 8 years were engaged but I always doubt is commitment, I'm quite good looking and I feel that he is just with me
because I'm the best looking in the group and he can say ha ha to all the blokes, like he has me or something, He's not that good-looking but I love him, most of his friends have tried to ask me out in the past, but i chose him, I love him but he doesn't seem to put any effort in and when we argue, he quite happy to break up, I'm always the one that comes back and he never says sorry, I don't have much confidence, and just want him to be kind to me but he's always working, and that's seems to be more important to him, I'm so confused as to understanding wether he's just a bloke or I should find someone who respects me, or am I to needy,

Back