Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You must first have to have sense to make sense, follow me?

Junior Member NothingbuttheTruth's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Legalize marijuana now!!! Put an end to the hypocrisy!!! People can get drunk and beat their wives in a drunken rage yet people are not allowed to use marijuana.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't agree with the first part of your question.

however legalizing pot would pull us out of a bad economy, would take allot of good people off the bad guy list, making law enforcement and prisons cheaper, court costs ETC. Just think- the cartels would be out of Business.
    I feel that if pot is illegal so should be cigarettes, alcohol, speed colas and drinks, weight loss/energy pills sold at any liquor store.

on the other side of the coin, imagine a stoned nation, lazy, unproductive, accounting mistakes, work place injuries, car accidents.

That's from a Moderate Republican who has smoked both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't suppose you have a link to the numbers you are using to make this assumption? Because this Republican being a former user of both, is against both.

( and I'll deny it still)

SFC

US Army
    Retired

Downloads
    Uploads
    They can't tax marijuana, and there isn't a "pot industry" to send lobbyists and cash their way.

Also, they still think it's a "hippy" thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quoting political thinkers from Mark to Ayn Rand (they both said this, as well as others): Follow the money.

Tobacco is profitable. The companies that produce it are almost entirely in the South--and owned by republicans. They pay off (ho, excuse me, make campaign contributions to) the GOP-big pa--contributions.

The economics of the marijuana market are different. Despite it's widespread use, the actual volume isn't all that great (compared to tobacco)--very few pot users buy 1/10 as much as even a light smoker does tobacco. And the production cost is actually less. So legal marijuana wold be about 90 percent less than illegalmarijuana. So the conservatives who are making billions growing pot wold lose all that income (which is illegal, so they don't even pay taxes).

In short--Repubicans support tobacco (legal) because they are making a killingby killing. Marijuana is more profitable as an illegal substance--so they want to keep it illegal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To generalize, but accurately in my opinion, marijuana has traditionally been more popular among the liberal "hippie" types, and like the first guy said, tobacco farms have traditionally been in conservative states.

So if you detect a difference, that's probably why.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What gross generalizations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tobacco lobbyists give them bunches and bunches of money,,,the marijuana lobby doesn't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Al Gore's family made money off tobacco but have quit that business a long time ago.

They didn't know any better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast