Have boyfriend, he's going away to college, I wanna ride with this guy on his...

peachy

Mar 13, 2008
...sport bike, bad? I just met this guy in one of my college classes, and we have become really good friends. One thing that I love about him is that he rides a sport bike, and he really wants to take me on a ride, and I really wanna go on a ride too. The problem is that I have a boyfriend, and he's a pretty jealous one at that. We have been together for 4 years off and on. So, I was thinking of just waiting till he goes away to college because that would make things much easier if I were to ride with this guy and hangout with him.

I just don't ever have fun and get out, and this is due to my boyfriend. This is why I really wouldn't feel bad about doing this. I mean it's not cheating if I'm just riding on the back of this guy's bike, just having some fun.

What are your thoughts?
I know this question could go in the relationship category or whatever, I just wanted motorcyle guys opinions!

I agree with the other old guy

In college, my missus had a couple of guys from rich families chasing her and there was, certainly, no shortage of admirers handsomer than I. Now, thirty-plus years after our first date (a motorcycle ride), my wife still tells me I"m a fun date

I'm not a jealous guy but if my GF went on the back of another guys bike that I didn't know, I would be PO'ed. Not just cause I know what is on this biker guys mind (hint, hint), I would be concerned for your safety. He may be a total nit wit on his bike and you could get hurt simply because he wants to "impress" you.

If you don't really care about the guy in college and you are are off/on, doesn't really seem like you guys are made for one another but that's not for me to decide. If you care about your BF and how he feels I wouldn't do it, if not go ahead, but make sure you know how well this guy can ride before you hop on.

Ask him how long he has been riding, how many bikes he's owned, if he had dumped his bike before. Also try and watch how he rides, is he wreckless or cautious. Get the facts before you swing your leg over that seat because your putting your life in this kids hands...remember that! Good Luck!

He will be in your pants before too long! Rode my whole life. See it happen all the time!

I think that if you want to have other male friends and your boyfriend is not okay with it, you should leave him. Don't sacrifice what you want in your social life for someone who can't handle the jealousy.

1. You're going to be hugging on another guy, while he's riding around, or you'll fall off.

So, ask if you'd mind if he was holding onto a girl for a while; AND doing it while you're not around, because he knows it would make you upset. Think hard on how you'd feel about that.

2. You can say it's not cheating, and just having fun.

So, ask yourself this, did you see your boyfriend at the beginning, with the intent to date him? Or were you just having fun, and it developed?

And if it did the latter...then it's possible for that to happen again. That's simple logic. Most relationships start out as friends, that turn into other things. So it's pointless for you to claim what it is, isn't, or won't be.

Take it from a Motorcycle guys experience, he is obviously interested in you! If you do decide to go riding with him, PLEASE WEAR A HELMET!!! Insist that you wear a helmet! Ask him how long he has been riding and if he has dropped the bike. Riding Two-Up on a bike makes the bike slower to brake, corner, etc due the the increased weight of an extra rider on the bike. Also tell him to take it easy! Your life is on the line! Also when riding with him, keep your feet on the pegs at all times, and hold on to the rider firmly, but dont bear hug him. Also, when he turns, lean with him, not against him! That is one of the things i always tell my passengers, and ive gone down because of that very thing! (passenger leaning opposite of me, not with me).

If you do decide to go riding with him, You will become hooked and he has embraced you into an aspect of his life!

Hope this helps

You can ride anyone's bike, but only if you don't want any commitment from them and maybe have some grudges held against you. Plus, this belongs in the dating and relationships section.

Back