Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Harley or sport bike?

I am trying to decide on which to buy. I like both and would be happy with either!

Lets hear what are pro's and con's of buying a harley vs buying a sport bike!

Specifically harley's sportster models and for the sport bike I like the R1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get a sport bike now and have some fun, when you get old and slow, get you a rocking chair and a harley!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends, on the kind of riding you want to do. Short rides, or long rides. Race, or cruise. Ride solo, or two up. Have no room the carry stuff, or have room to carry stuff. Show off, or just ride. Ride a nevus twitchy bike, that's easy to get over your head with. Or a relaxed, bike that can be more easily controlled. Do you want to be watched, by every cop on the road. Or just by some. Witch part of your body, do you want to hurt more. Front, or back. Do you want a throwaway bike. Or one that will last for years. One that is cheaper, but harder to fix. Or one that is more expensive, but easier to fix. Lastly, do you want to be know as a snot noised punk. Or some who can be almost considered a brother in a community.

If the former, get a sport bike. If the latter, get a harley. A sport bike, is for those who like to ride on the edge. A harley, is for those who like to just ride and look good doing it. A lot of Harley riders, have a sport bike as a 2nd bike. For zipping around town, for fun or running small errands. They ride the Harley, for everything else.

The Harley community as a whole, does more stuff than all of the metrics do combined. At just about every event you go to, you will find more Harley's than any other bike, combined. The only other bike that comes close, is the Honda Goldwing riders. Other than the Harley only clubs, Harley riders don't hold Harley only events, everyone is welcome.

In the end it's like this, do you want something you can play with. Or something you can ride. By the way, getting a Harley. Will not get you street whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    go fast or dont go

Downloads
    Uploads
    Undecided you need to think of what you want out of the bike speed show or both and how much money you have to do it than pick what fits your needs.If you have the extra money try renting to test the bikes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a cruiser and a sprot bike.

The cruiser works to impress Harley owners and people that know little or nothing about motorycycles. Its beautiful, loud and chrome.

The Sport bike impresses me and real motorcyclists. I dont feel like a poser on my ST1100. I feel like a real motorcyclist.

So, buy one of each, rather than the Harley , get a Jap Cruiser for half the money and twice the reliability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Harleys will decrease your hearing after a while. You see those pro landscapers who ride the mowers with the big headphone things on their ears? Harley's are even louder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You will like the sport bike better man. On the freeways its designed more for speed and the wind doesn't hit you head on. Everybody knows the sport bikes rule the streets, twisties and long rides. See motorcycle videos below

Downloads
    Uploads
    those bikes are at opposite ends of the spectrum. i like sports tourers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dude , be bada$$ and get a harley, with a good harley you will get instant street cred and ladies love them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast