Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how can you explain the prophecy of the bible that has been fulfilled?

Im an atheist and i know there are so many reasons not to believe in God, but how can you explain those prophecies that came true? Does it convince you that the bible is a word of God?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am seeing the prophecies being fulfilled as we speak. wait til we have a new world order.it will fail almost right away and then the antichrist will come and "fix" it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Most of these "prophecies' are vague and can be interpreted as anything

2. Some of these "prophecies" are bound to happen

3. Some of these "prophecies" happened because people have read these "prophecies" and cause it to happen

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I really like your question (thank you!) Let's start by saying I'm a member of the Baha'i Faith so my thoughts may come from wayyy left field. Here we go...

Prophecies or in this case "miracles" are very time specific. In other words, the amazing events only have potency for the people who WERE THERE and maybe one generation or so after (for the family members of the people who can say "my mother/uncle/grandpa saw" such and such). After this next generation passes away the story REALLY becomes more of a speculation than a witnessed detail.

For this reason (and others) it helps not to focus on miracles. If somebody did walk on water, though incredible, what does that do for us today? Squat! So how much weight can you truly throw at a miracle? If I say aloud "The oranges will be... yellow!". Then low and behold some farmer in BFE grows a tree of "Oh my God" yellow oranges... well where's my robe and throngs of followers since I have "prophesied"?

The other half of prophecy leans toward revelation. This is the realm of real advancement in spiritual growth. This is the "chix noodle soup" for the soul. I understand some atheists suggestions that major religion is a crock! That statement is mostly true! I believe however that if you consider/ponder the texts themselves and leave out the "miracles", answers can be found.

It takes a more intelligent and open minded individual to glean the pearls of wisdom so openly hidden in the scripture. Too many people/religions focus on too literal a translation or subscribe to some pretty cheesy traditions that aren't even mentioned in the books.

It is my opinion that though major religions have probably tried in good efforts to spread the words they believe, they have ultimately twisted and contorted the Truth into something grotesque and inedible. How can anybody see the truth of His words through so much BS??

All I can say is to go to the books yourself, take what you read with a grain of salt (most translations are inaccurate) and try to see if you can assemble real meaning from what you read. Can your mind think outside of the box and decipher some of this "code"? Too many are in the box deep. Are you someone who can get out?

Being an atheists says to me you are not the ordinary individual... Can you be extraordinary??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Confirmation bias.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The prophecies were fulfilled during the Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, before WWII, they are reoccurring events throughout human history.