Is saying "No Homo" okay?

SmittenKitten

Jul 5, 2008
It's actually pretty creative but with a stupid concept. No Homo is something kids use to say when I was a little not now as a teenager. Sure it's stupid and childish but there's no harm done either. They're just having fun so let them.

So I'm a little hesitant whether or not to be proud of my son and his friends' youtube video. They tell me it is not controversial but I am not "down" with the latest teen culture, is this actually funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfrqjYxzxFQ

It was a humorous video, but at the same time the term "no homo" is offensive to some people, and i just don't think it should be used, just like the term "that's soo gay", like what is that anyway ?? the word gay in that term is used to mean stupid, which is like calling gay people stupid. so i don't know, I think that if a boy wants to reassure everyone that he's not gay, he should say something like "don't worry, i'm not gay", it's the same thing, but more respectful.

I wouldn't be proud of that video? It's not much to be proud of? There just having fun being teens. There not hurting anyone, just let them be.

"No homo' is an overly used and highly offensive expression. However, the point of your son's video is to poke fun at those who are so insecure that they constant feel that they have to justify their sexuality. His video is an attempt to show that the whole "no homo" thing has gotten ridiculous. So just as you're saying that the whole "no homo" thing isn't funny or cool, so is he. He's just saying it in a different way. You guys are actually on the same page.

Yes it is. Right now that video is genuine viral (viral being good)

It's awesome, support them.

it's no big deal, very few people could actually be offended.
but it is kind of annoying.

Its basically used to let people know your not gay. For example, when you tell a story about you and another guy friend that other people may take as being homosexual, you say no homo at the end, that way they wont talk sh*t about you.

See this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUCbPvP5H9k

I am 20 years old and I really don't find that funny. Give your son a book to read. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk is pretty good. Don't worry about trying to be down with mass programed pop culture be a parent first.

no i dont like when ppl say no homo i think its ridiculous

edit: ohhh--kayyyy i see what they're doing its like a sarcastic thing, making fun of ppl who do dumb shit like that

Back