Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it a sin to be homo but don't act on it?

So I'm sure you have heard the saying " People are born gay"? Well, I strongly agree. It's something I was born with that. I wouldn't ever choose this. But no matter how hard I try, the feelings are still here (strongly).I am 19, female. I am Bi-Curious. I have never been with a female b/c I don't want to go to hell. I still have feelings for other females, but choose not to act on them. Do you think God can understand that? I'd get rid of it in a heartbeat but just cant!!

I always hear people say (which ive read) that what happened along time ago is happening again in todays time, when God destroyed the earth b/c of homosexuality. So that means God really dosn't like it. But it isn't something you can control. I'm controling it best I can..so far so good. I wish I can just be me but being me will dissapoint others and God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why people are gay.
    I think they are born with it.
    I don't think it's a sin if you don't act it out!

that's what i think anyway..

Downloads
    Uploads
    the feelings are temptations do wrong and break God's law.

People are tempted to do sexual things that break God's law if they are committed.

The sin is not being tempted but giving into the temptation and doing it which causes one to sin or break God's law which then creates sin in us which brings death if we are not saved.

If we are saved and commit a sin we ask God to forgive us and repent and seek not to commit Sin again seeing we have the power of God in us to stop us from giving in to the temptation.

Salvation in God gives us the holy spirit who enters us and cleanses us from sin and wanting to break the law of God.

The power of God in us keeps us from giving in if we rely on God instead of our self.

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Homosexuality is not a sin. Your sexual orientation is given to you by God. It is what you do with it that can be sinful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To be a homo or to be anything else you need to act on it. Than you will be called by that. In religion aspect of it, The Quran and The Bible did mentioned about homo people. I hope you seek a clear path to your dillema. As a muslim, this part of problem is address specifically and truly, in terms of morallity and religiously by muslim scholars or cleric. Why not seek for them.may God give you the best way out.Cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A big problem with mainstream religion is that people buy into the fact that The Bible was literally handed to mankind by God. Scripture was first written by monks, who were also the only ones that could read it, and later mass-produced on the printing press. This means that people, not God, are responsible for every word on every page.

Homosexuality has, in western culture, always been looked down upon (often violently) because of basic traditional beliefs. If a couple was incapable of conceiving a child, they were often treated very harshly (but not if they were male+female and simply barren).

Sorry for the lengthy introduction.

My point is, insofar as I can prove, homosexuality has never been given a good reason to be a sin. Killing someone? Sinful. Adultery? Sinful. Liking someone of the same gender because of honest-to-God-love? Not sinful.

I understand that this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I hope it gives you something to think about.

As for your actual question, consider this: If someone feels a powerful bloodlust, an urge to fight and kill, but does not act on it, do they commit a sin? No. If a married man is attracted to his neighbor's wife, but willingly refuses to act on his impulses, does he commit a sin? No. As long as they are intentionally avoiding the sinful action, I don't believe that a person is being sinful.

I sincerely hope that this helps you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A big problem with mainstream religion is that people buy into the fact that The Bible was literally handed to mankind by God. Scripture was first written by monks, who were also the only ones that could read it, and later mass-produced on the printing press. This means that people, not God, are responsible for every word on every page.

Homosexuality has, in western culture, always been looked down upon (often violently) because of basic traditional beliefs. If a couple was incapable of conceiving a child, they were often treated very harshly (but not if they were male+female and simply barren).

Sorry for the lengthy introduction.

My point is, insofar as I can prove, homosexuality has never been given a good reason to be a sin. Killing someone? Sinful. Adultery? Sinful. Liking someone of the same gender because of honest-to-God-love? Not sinful.

I understand that this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I hope it gives you something to think about.

As for your actual question, consider this: If someone feels a powerful bloodlust, an urge to fight and kill, but does not act on it, do they commit a sin? No. If a married man is attracted to his neighbor's wife, but willingly refuses to act on his impulses, does he commit a sin? No. As long as they are intentionally avoiding the sinful action, I don't believe that a person is being sinful.

I sincerely hope that this helps you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nowhere in the Bible did God destroy the earth because of homosexuality.

Why don't you check out this website. I think it can help you out: http://hoperemains.webs.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreamstuff Entity and Michael B have pretty much got it.
    By the way, if you're referring to Sodom and Gomorrah, here:

"This is the sin of Sodom; she and her suburbs had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not help or encourage the poor and needy. They were arrogant and this was abominable in God's eye."
    --Ezekiel 16:48-49

Downloads
    Uploads
    Taking homosexuality out of the equation, let's explore this concept on a more practical level. If you equate action to sin, then inaction = not sinning. This doesn't apply to all biblical examples, but I think it can be used practically here. On an extreme, but effective example, let's say I have a strong desire to steal cars. I may have that desire, but if I don't actually steal a car, am I guilty of the sin of stealing a car? Of course not. Please understand, I'm not equating your situation to stealing cars, I'm simply using a vivid example to illustrate it. We are all wired with certain urges. Sinful or not, it is the choice to act on those urges that creates the sin. If you feel homosexuality is a sin, then avoid acting on it. That way, you won't open up something that will create more guilt for you down the road because you've opened up that box that is now much harder to close. Better to just not go there if you feel it is wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast