Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted some chocolate. It just happens that all the chocolate in the stores right now happens to be in the shape of an egg!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No idea. Is there actually something deep and meaningful behind a chocolate egg? Seriously!?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Intrigued, so I found this as an answer:

"The Decorated Easter Egg

The egg is nature's perfect package. It has, during the span of history, represented mystery, magic, medicine, food and omen. It is the universal symbol of Easter celebrations throughout the world and has been dyed, painted, adorned and embellished in the celebration of its special symbolism.

Before the egg became closely entwined with the Christian Easter, it was honored during many rite-of-Spring festivals. The Romans, Gauls, Chinese, Egyptians and Persians all cherished the egg as a symbol of the universe. From ancient times eggs were dyed, exchanged and shown reverence.

In Pagan times the egg represented the rebirth of the earth. The long, hard winter was over; the earth burst forth and was reborn just as the egg miraculously burst forth with life. The egg, therefore, was believed to have special powers. It was buried under the foundations of buildings to ward off evil; pregnant young Roman women carried an egg on their persons to foretell the sex of their unborn children; French brides stepped upon an egg before crossing the threshold of their new homes.

With the advent of Chrisianity the symbolism of the egg changed to represent, not nature's rebirth, but the rebirth of man. Christians embraced the egg symbol and likened it to the tomb from which Christ rose.

Old Polish legends blended folklore and Christian beliefs and firmly attached the egg to the Easter celebration. One legend concerns the Virgin Mary. It tells of the time Mary gave eggs to the soldiers at the cross. She entreated them to be less cruel and she wept. The tears of Mary fell upon the eggs, spotting them with dots of brilliant color."

Thanks- good post!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Easter eggs were made to be eaten.

Downloads
    Uploads
    er in memory of jade goody?

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL here is my honest answer...

I have no fooking idea but since they were all half price in Tesco's, why not lol xx

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, I'm not eating an easter egg today, (I'm Jewish, lol)

Second of all easter eggs started by people painting eggs, until some guy came up with an idea with eating them. Chocolate and Jesus DO NOT have any relationship with each other

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because the man in the shop was selling it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's simple, its the love of chocolate!

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Because we are all sucked in by the confectionery manufacturers charging several times the price for the same amount of chocolate as in a normal chocolate bar except it is moulded in a funny shape and over packaged in a huge box.

2. Another pagan festival hijacked by the early church.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast