What are some good ways to quit drinking and smoking?

bee1

May 16, 2008
I'd like to quit drinking, I use to do it socially but now I have to drink to fall aslleo and when ever a problem arises, pretty much daily and I tend to smoke alot when I drink. I hate it its gross!. how can I resist temptation and quit?

Get a hobby!! It costs about the same, takes up the same amount of time, and it doesn't smell or make you sick. Think about your liver!! Pot might be illegal by you, but that is better for you than alcohol or prescription drugs. Try warm milk with a tiny splash of vanilla extract. Or Valerian root, an herbal supplement you can find at the grocery store or online. It smells, but it works really well. I use it. I sleep for 8 hours and wake-up feeling fantastic without an alarm clock! Get a kitty cat to snuggle up to. Have sex. Read a book-that always puts me to sleep. Listen to some music. Vanilla, chocolate, lavender, and apple candles. A good cry. The sound of a fan. Count sheep, try to relax and calm your thinking. Breathing exercises(deep breathes-10 sec in, 10-sec out), yoga, and exercise. Hope that helps. Good luck. I know you can stop, I was there once too. Don't give up!!

PS Don't go to some crazy AA meeting or rehab, that's trouble-yeah go talk to some people with the same problem. I'm sure you will find more reasons to do it there or meet some crazies. I don't think you need that!

Get a hobby!! It costs about the same, takes up the same amount of time, and it doesn't smell or make you sick. Think about your liver!! Pot might be illegal by you, but that is better for you than alcohol or prescription drugs. Try warm milk with a tiny splash of vanilla extract. Or Valerian root, an herbal supplement you can find at the grocery store or online. It smells, but it works really well. I use it. I sleep for 8 hours and wake-up feeling fantastic without an alarm clock! Get a kitty cat to snuggle up to. Have sex. Read a book-that always puts me to sleep. Listen to some music. Vanilla, chocolate, lavender, and apple candles. A good cry. The sound of a fan. Count sheep, try to relax and calm your thinking. Breathing exercises(deep breathes-10 sec in, 10-sec out), yoga, and exercise. Hope that helps. Good luck. I know you can stop, I was there once too. Don't give up!!

PS Don't go to some crazy AA meeting or rehab, that's trouble-yeah go talk to some people with the same problem. I'm sure you will find more reasons to do it there or meet some crazies. I don't think you need that!

Back