Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    <3 sharp tongued girl </3

treatment of smokers not fair?

Why should smokers be disriminated against when we pay our taxes and national insurance like anyone else, we even pay more tax because god knows what out of a packet of cigarettes goes to the government. So people are telling me after we have paid the same rate as anyone else for care and treatment we should be left to die at the back of NHS queues because of our lifestyle choice? what happened to free country?
    merry old england
    i also have strong views loulou and you're bascially saying smokers should be treated as second class citizens, are you saying that woman should have died for you to get care before her just because you chose to not smoke? ridiculous.

gent you missed the point i have no quibble with the smoking ban, just the fact we pay for the same treatment so we should get it, for example if you paid for the same thing as someone in a queue next to you and what you got of the same item was lower quality..you're telling me you would not be annoyed.

deltagremlin
    people are discriminated against now by the 'national health service' unless you are in good health anyway & only want to treat you when they have to

i know its nothing to do with doctors or nurses & its the people who run the health services & government policeis that have fucked up the NHS

junglejungle
    well ironically a lot of nurses and doctors smoke..

and thing is

say really REALLY fat people aren't paying tax on their junk food.. perhaps they should bring a tax in on that..

I mean they are eating s... and not paying any tax on that and want treatment.

i think they should treat anyone though.. I drink sometimes.... i smoke.. I drive... so i'm thinking of changing my middle name to tax

when they stop annoying the smokers.. they will start on the drinkers... I bet they won't find it so funny..

also you notice booze normal people drink , gets taxed.. but I bet single malt whiskey etc don't coz all the politicians drink that "funny that"

LouLou
    So are you saying that people who don't smoke and take great care of themselves deserve the same treatment as people who smoke the cancer stick?

I have very strong views on this. I spend my life being ultra healthy but when i got very sick i was in hospital an extra week cause my surgery was cancelled cause a smoker was apparently more important cause they had a throat problem that was not fatal (it wasnt even cancer, it was an infection/disease caused by smoking which affected her voice box. rubbish). i got took in 6 days later practically dead when they decided i was important enough to get operated on. apparently the smoker was in more discomfort.

problems with the nhs need sorted. i dont judge people on the fact they smoke and choose that lifestyle but i near died because the decided that a smoker with a non fatal problem was more important than someone who needed surgery so she wouldn't die.

NOTE: i had cancer and needed half my stomach removed. she needed her voice boxed tweaked, an operation that took only an hour. SHE was not going to die. SHE wasn't even in that much pain. Her only problem was the fact she smoked and had lost her voice for the past two weeks.

Are you saying that's fair? I think not.

You should treated like you treat yourself. I don't care if I sound horrible but I feel like everyone should be treated the same, although smokers with smoking related illness's did it to themself. what's fair in them getting priority or even treatment before someone like me who actually takes care of themself

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a free country, the rest of us are free not to inhale YOUR smoke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a free country, the rest of us are free not to inhale YOUR smoke.

Spree
    What country are you in?

earthlingbob
    In Texas we helped the state get a $13 billion settlement from the tobacco companies only to be rewarded with paying for the school children to go to school along with the gamblers. That's right only money from the sale of lottery tickets and cigarettes pay for education in Texas. NOTE: All schools are gambling and smoking free zones.

insane_mad_maniak
    i've been hearing somethink about having to buy a licence to get tobacco products in UK being introduced??

Phish-n-chips
    You could always quit smoking. I did and now I don't have to worry about it.