If you meet someone from a different religion...?

Rawrrrz

Feb 9, 2009
Do you think that their beliefs are wrong? Or do you think that it is another way to get to heaven? Just wondering if christians think jews and muslims go to hell and vice versa. Thanks:)
DorexX, was there any need for that? Personally i dont believe in god, im just curious about other peoples believes and cultures. Theres no need to offend other people like that. Ta.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Christians differ on this point. There are three main theological positions:

1) EXCLUSIVISTS: Most evangelicals and conservative Protestants believe that faith in Jesus is the only path to salvation, and those who do not have a "relationship" with Jesus, through being born again, are eternally lost.

2) INCLUSIVISTS: Roman Catholics and moderate Protestants believe that the grace of Jesus, mediated through the Church, is the only means of salvation, but that this grace is available to those outside the Church, and may be mediated indirectly through other religions such as Islam, Judaism, etc.

3) PLURALISTS: Liberal Catholics and Protestants believe that all religions are paths to God, and there is salvation for all Muslims, Jews, etc.

Personally, I am a moderate Inclusivist - I believe that there is salvation for those outside the Church, but all salvation is mediated through the Church. Other religions may approach God, and their belief systems may have divine inspiration, but they lack the core of salvific grace which is in the Church. This is quite an ancient Christian belief, and is the official position of the Roman Catholic Church after Vatican II (although I am not a Roman Catholic).

JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH is the only way to Heaven. Not this zues guy, and not the new age religion, go green! Help "mother earth" THERE IS NO MOTHER EARTH, there is only Father God!

John 3:3

Ye must be BORN AGAIN to enter the kingdom of God

Well put it this way, every religion believes that the others are going to hell. most christians believe that anything but their way is wrong, muslims and jews along with other religions probably think the same so if you look at it that way, each religion damns another and every religion damns each other therefore if you take everyone as a collective group, we are all going to hell.

What ever religion someone chooses to follow is their own choice, i personally believe that every god exists so long as someone believes in them, I don't really follow any particular religion. I came to this conclusion thanks to my GCSE RE teacher a few years ago, she told me:

"The kingdom of god is a non-geographical place that exists only in the hearts and minds of those who put god as number one in their life" note that she did not say 'believe in him' because the devil believes in god but the kingdom of god does not exist in his heart.

I come from a place that religious conflict has torn apart for the last 40 years, i come from an integrated education background and i thank my lucky stars because it gave me understanding. To me religion doesn't matter its the person i look at not the belief and if they think badly of me because i don't believe what they do then thats their problem, so much conflict, pain and suffering would be stopped if we could just learn to accept each others beliefs and get along.

And if i'm not mistaken one of the beliefs of christianity is to accept and love everyone, the book of james also says that god is the one and only judge and so no human has the right to damn another only god had that judgement, i can't remember the exact quote but as far as i know it also says that god will punish those who judge others, its been a good while since i looked but james has to be my favorite book because although its small it has a good moral to it.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and their own opinion.

No, and that is why I have a diverse group of friends!

Most of my friends believe that's it's just another way.

I was born into Islam, and I have loads of friends. My brother's best friend is a Jew, for example!

I would think their beliefs are wrong but i would still show respect.. I can't tell if others will go to Hell coz i think it would be unfair if they are not exposed to Islam, by God's will, that they will go to Hell.. But on 2nd thought, I think God is the most knowledgable, and he shows the answers and open the heart to those he knows are sincerly and genuinely looking for the truth..

Well all I can say now is, Only God knows..

Generally when I meet someone of a different religion I am thinking about the person. Like trying to guess their personalities from their clothes, bearing, and handshake. Esp. if it is someone I will have to work with or be around.

It is only later when we are talking that I realize what their religion is and make judgments.

But that isn't what you are really asking.

Based on the Christian Bible (which I beleive), I don't think that God sends people to hell just because they don't worship Him when they have never heard His name. However, if you know what is right and refuse to respond, then God will hold you accountable.

That being said: by definition, opposing things can't be true. Christianity and Islam say there is only one God. Hinduism says there are many. Animism says all things are God. All of these things can not be true. Hinduism and the monotheistic religions can not both be streams to the same river.
There are some people / belief systems that have more validity than others. Usually these are the people who have most actively sought God (and the descendants of those people who were taught the faith by them).
I also believe God expects you to share the truth that you have so that others can form a more realistic picture of him.

You should know that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all religions that believe in the same God. It is just that each is considered a refinement of the one before it(to those who believe in it) but all three believe in the same God.

Well when you meet someone from a different religion you are supposed to try to be nice to them, for example I am Christian. I know someone who is Muslim and we talk about religion alot, but we put that aside. Because I believe that she will go down to hell because she hasn't put all her faith in Jesus.

If their belief does not match what God say on how to get to heaven then they are not going to heaven.

There is only one way to heaven through Jesus and their is no other.

We are taught that we have to believe in hell, but we do not have to believe that anyone ever goes there. Hell is a choice. Personally I think that there are people who follow the truth of God in every religion. Some ways and paths are straighter, but all can find their way sooner or later. The real test is Love.

The key to answering this question is Jesus Christ. If you are a born-again Christian, you belong to Jesus. For someone with a religion that denies Jesus Christ, we are to avoid contact with them because they are hell-bound.

I think hell is only for evil people. As long as you are a good person you can go to heaven. It dosen't matter what religon you are.

The Word of God. The bible. If it is not according to this, the old and new it is false. The Word of God does not deal with religion. It is the Word of God. We should all have one mind and one religion.

The only way to get salvation is throught the Word of God

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I guess because God is Perfect, He manifests Himself to each one of us in a manner in which each one of us may know Him. How can we puney imperfect humans judge Him and His ways?

In my opinion, as far as Jews, Muslims and Christians, we all believe in GOD and in the same God. The Bible might say other wise, but I believe that if we live our lives according to God's way, then that is what really matters. I had a girlfriend who was Muslim and even though her parents didn't really agree with me as being a Protestant Christian, it was interesting to experience the difference in religious background. I don't think their beliefs are wrong. Cultural and Geographically speaking, beliefs are made and adopted.

Back