Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im only 22 and have cancer from alcohol and tobacco use. Should I tell my family? I

dont have much time left!!? I Know that I am dying for sure. I started abusing alcohol as a teen because of emotional problems. I never talked to anybody about any of my emotional problems idk why but it always seemed hard for me. I became dependant on alcohol and chewing tobacco at 17. I know its prob my fault I come from a wonderful family. They dont drink much or use tobacco. Im so stupid cause im leaving my family a heavy burden no one has ever died like this prob. I dont know how to break it to my family this is a shitty way to die. They will probably always remember me as a failure. Everyone thinks im just depressed I havent told them i have cancer and dying. They sent me to the Doc I told him im just depressed to and he gave me some med. I didnt tell him cause im so scared of my family finding out i have cancer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    just tell them they won't see you as a failure, but they're gonna find out sooner or later, and it would be best to tell them sooner

Downloads
    Uploads
    go skydiving and dont pull the shoot!! Go out like a real man. and yes the failure thing will happen. Clown

Downloads
    Uploads
    They sent you to the doctor and you didn't tell him what, that you have cancer?

I would assume from that statement that you have diagnosed yourself as having cancer, and haven't consulted a doctor and gotten a professioal diagnosis.

There are about 1,001 illness and conditions that can appear to be cancer, and yet aren't.

Get properly diagnosed and treated. You could have some very easily treatable condition that isn't actually cancer.

And how could you possibly know for certain that alcohol and/or tobaco have caused a particular cancer that you think you have?

Tuberculosis has many similar symptoms to cancer, and isn't caused by tobacco or alcohol. It's treatable, and it could be one of the many possibilities of whatever is actually wrong with you.

Cancer often causes masses or lumps, but they are also caused by cysts, boils, fatty and benign tumors.

See a doctor and be honest with him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should definetly tell them! they are your family and they deserve to know. you dont want them wondering why you died for the rest of there lives. definetly tell them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell them. Trust me. They wouldn't want you to die and not know why you died at the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this your idea of a sick joke, spineless insect i despise you

Downloads
    Uploads
    tell them

Downloads
    Uploads
    tell them

Junior Member Bradthebuckmaster's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all Im gonna say That I am very sorry to hear this. My advice would be to tell them the truth and tell them that you have made a mistake. Your family will be heartbroken and it will take time for them to heal. However they need to know this information. Atleast it will give them the knowledge and they will want to spend alot of time with you once they figure this out. And as for them thinking your a failure. I am positive they wont look at you that way, Family is family They stick with eachother through thick and thin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast