What is a good first car for a teenager, Mercedes or BMW? why? which model? why?

Well the safety part is covered in both, but neither is a good first car for a teen. BMWs and Mercedes-benzs are VERY expensive to maintain. A part for a either one of those two is 3 or 4 times as expensive as the same part for a domestic/asian car. Plus the fact that those dealerships charge around $110/hr in just labor.

Also, I will guarentee that you will hit something with your first car. It may be minor or major, but it will happen. When something breaks, I guarentee you wont have the money to fix it.

Whatever you chose - Pay cash.

The best possible car for you to buy is one that you can pay cash for. Period. It is less expensive to maintain and repair a used vehicle than it is to make payments and pay interest on a new one.

And by all means never ever Fleece (Lease) any vehicle for personal use – the actual costs are far higher than that of financing and at the end of the lease you will have nothing – except the likely hood of a massive over mileage charge and excessive wear and damage charges.

Even worse than a fleece are the “Buy Here – Pay Here” lots which will give you a nice low weekly payment on a car they are selling for usually twice the fair market value at an interest rate that would make any loan shark smile, on a note that will enslave you for the next 5 years at least on a car which is almost guaranteed to die in 2 years or less!

It is far more cost effective to purchase and maintain a used vehicle and save the difference for a newer and nicer vehicle a couple of years down the road. An older vehicle will also save you money in the form of lower insurance costs too!

Avoid the clutches of the predatory lenders – Buy Cash, Pay Cash. Live Cash and build real wealth.

Whatever you chose - Pay cash.

The best possible car for you to buy is one that you can pay cash for. Period. It is less expensive to maintain and repair a used vehicle than it is to make payments and pay interest on a new one.

And by all means never ever Fleece (Lease) any vehicle for personal use – the actual costs are far higher than that of financing and at the end of the lease you will have nothing – except the likely hood of a massive over mileage charge and excessive wear and damage charges.

Even worse than a fleece are the “Buy Here – Pay Here” lots which will give you a nice low weekly payment on a car they are selling for usually twice the fair market value at an interest rate that would make any loan shark smile, on a note that will enslave you for the next 5 years at least on a car which is almost guaranteed to die in 2 years or less!

It is far more cost effective to purchase and maintain a used vehicle and save the difference for a newer and nicer vehicle a couple of years down the road. An older vehicle will also save you money in the form of lower insurance costs too!

Avoid the clutches of the predatory lenders – Buy Cash, Pay Cash. Live Cash and build real wealth.

5.0 mustang. parts are cheap and easy to find. they go fast for nothing. easy to work on. cheap insurance.

Over the years the VOLVO has always been rated as the safest car.
Check on line for prices and other info. Don't buy the top line model of any used car as maintenance, insur., gas, etc. will all cost more.
I know looks are important for a teen, but so is cost. Think real hard about that.
You get a real "cool" car and it costs to keep it going so you end up not going as much.
Less "cool" car and it's easier, cheaper to keep it on the road.,

I would go for a late 80's e30.
They're fast, pretty reliable, i like the way it looks. With an "e" model you'll get better mileage the "ix" models are 4x4, the "is" has an LSD and better suspension, the "ic" is convertible and the "i" is just the standard.

none of the above.

okay, your question is sorta not well thought through just to tell you.

if your concerned about safety ratings, your probably thinking you might crash the thing. if your thinking that, why are you going for an expensive car like a mercedes or a BMW?

Both are expensive to maintain. it is always best to go to a dealer and search safety crash test ratings. you really dont need to worry about the engine unless you dont take care of it.. as per all engines. both are very reliable makes.. id go for a 1994+ bmw 3 series they are nice cars to the eye. and C class mecedes are also nice..

Back