Don't know what on earth to cook.?

peachiepie

May 18, 2008
I am totally out of ideas to fix lunch and dinner for my 7 year old grandsons and 8 year old grandaughter help please I think I am just about all cooked out. They are easy to please, but I have run out of ideas!

Try going to backofthebox.com or campbellskitchen.com They have lots of recipes to give you new ideas! Also try doing an old favorite with a different meat. Chicken instead of hamburger, or pork instead of beef.

Here is a recipe from cooks.com and it is soooo easy and good. Its called, PORK CHOPS OR BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS CASSEROLE.

My husband and I stumbled across it when we were short on ingredients and didn't know what to make. Luckily, we had chicken breasts in the freezer, potatoes, and tomato soup. This is a really tasty dish.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1739,146173-230197,00.html

If you don't have the chicken. I'd say go for grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

nachoes?, um wraps ( lettuce, cheese, avacado etc) healthy as well!, mini pizzasc(they could help by putin the ingredients on, this will get them into learning about food)...

mac and cheese, grilled cheese, mini pizzas, top ramen, spagghetti. im so out of it at the moment to think of more though. so yea. but good luck with thinking of more :D

My personal recipe in this particular predicament is to make my famous caramel scrambled eggs. It's simple to make, and can be served any way you please. You just mix a lot of sugar into the mix of scrambled eggs. DO NOT STIR. Stirring will cause the sugar to be absorbed into the eggs, and just make them sweet.. As soon as you put on the sugar into the mix, put them into the frying pan, and sprinkle on some more sugar. After you cook it for a while, the sugar will sometimes caramelize in the mixture, and make it sweet and attractive to anyone with a sweet tooth. It's perfect for the growing child.

here's a great simple lunch recipe...

take a couple of boneless skinless chicken breast and pound them flat (to about an inch high). cook on a lightly lubed fry pan about 3 - 4 minutes on each side. chop into strips and toss in BBQ sauce. place on a bun and top with cheese. serve with cut carrot sticks or frozen french fries and a cup of juice...

My kids love when I take the little smokies that come in pakages and take pilsbury bisquest roll them out a bit then, cut them in 3 and roll the smokies up in the bisquets, bake on 400 for like 8 mins! There yummy!

http://www.smallcooks.com/category/10-12-years/
www.mealsforkids.com/
www.kidapprovedmeals.com/
www.dinnerplanner.com/meals_for_kids.htm
www.timetrimmers.com/ and so on

Chicken Cowboy Bake
Kids can help by sprinkling cheese and spreading the corn muffin batter on top.

Cooking spray
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 Tbs olive oil
1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
1 (10-oz) can tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn kernels
Pinch chili powder
1?2 tsp salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
For topping:

1 (8.5-oz) package corn-muffin mix
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.

2. Add chicken and brown, then add tomatoes, corn, chili powder, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into the pie pan, and top with grated cheese.

3. In a mixing bowl, prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Spread evenly over chicken mixture, and bake for 30 minutes, or until corn-muffin topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbling.

===================================================

Mini-Fish Burgers
These burgers are a great way to introduce fish; letting kids make the patties and assemble the burgers can increase appeal.

PREP: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking spray
1 lb fillet of cod, sea bass, or any firm white fish
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 cup canned white beans
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
Mini–whole-wheat buns or rolls
Romaine lettuce
Tomato slices
Tartar sauce

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spritz baking pan with cooking spray, and add fish. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Bake until flaky, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove fish from oven; leave oven on.
2. In a food processor, puree white beans, parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, and bread crumbs. Process for 1 minute. (If you don't have a processor, use a potato masher instead.) Place bean mixture into a large bowl with the egg; crumble in fish. Gently mix with your hands until it's incorporated. Then form into 8 small patties.
3. Coat an ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and put over medium heat. Add burgers. Cook until brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip cakes carefully, and place in oven for 5 minutes.
4. Serve on mini-buns with lettuce, tomatoes, and tartar sauce.

Quickie-side suggestion: Try oven-roasted sweet potatoes. Slice peeled potatoes into 1/4-inch rounds. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes at 375°F, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.

oooh my absolute Grandma's recipe when i was a kid was mini pizzas, but not just any mini pizzas. She took English Muffins, then used them as the crust, obviously haha. Then take spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce and spread on it. Then top it with any cheese, even cheddar is tasty. Then you can add any veggies, ham, pepperoni, pineapple, or just eat them plain :)

They're sooo delicious.

Orrrr my other favorite (but its a little breakfast-y) is Toad in a hole. You cut a small circle out of a piece of bread (like maybe 3 inches across) then butter both sides. Then you put the bread down in a pan and turn on the heat. Immediately crack and egg and drop it in the hole. Let it cook until the egg gets more solid and bread browns on the bottom. Then flip it over and finish cooking. I know this is strange but I would put jelly on it and it was the best ever! And the most delicious anytime food really.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Ham Sandwich
Buy some Lean Cuisines/Hot Pockets
Leftovers
Muffins
Fresh fruit
a lot of stuff

Back