Do you avoid ALL religions?

cosayen

Apr 4, 2009
I avoid all religions because I don't want to get religious delusions, if there's no proof then it a false reality. For that reason, I avoid religion, thus preventing myself from being brainwashed.

umm i dnt believe there is a big guy watching us, but i do believe there is something else out there what with all the recent UFO sightings etc.

Try reading Thomas Aquinas he reasons out religion from a pagan viewpoint,
also Scott Hahn reasons out why is where he is today and he was in a lot of different relgions you might also try C.S. Lewis and the book 'Mere Christianity" he reasons it out from an atheist viewpoint.

I tend to learn as much as I can about all of them and don't worship any... their stories have entirely different meanings that what their slavish followers have been told they're about.

Your "false reality" comment is interesting though, if you start looking into how what we call "reality" is constructed inside of our minds it's more of an illusion than anything, and life is really more like a long dream.

I'm fascinated by religions, but I'm also fascinated by atheism. I guess one could describe me as an agnostic, but the meaning of that terms has usually evoked someone who is a coward to declare his allegiance. I do not feel I'm a coward, though. I can challenge all religious positions on all spiritual issues and I feel that it only gives me strength.

do whatever you believe and makes you a better person... religion is a security blanket that i like having. im catholic and so proud! this country has religious freedom and i personally respect anyone regardless of what if any their religious affiliation is!

my thats a good one.... if u don't fallow anything.... then u don't.... i don't fallow anything.... all i no there is an after life some where... but who no's whats lie or not... all it is what we base r own discussion on and what we want to fallow

no Im Methodist....
THE ONES to avoid are the ones who deny the Trinity....others are safe..

No i dont. But you seemed to have been brainwashed with this notion that if you believe in a religion then you are immediately hooked and cant escape. With religion you can chose to believe in whatever aspects of it appeal to you. Unless you want to join a cult then i would say religion can sometimes be the answer you need even if it is only a trivial matter.

YES, I do now. I have found that all organized religions are frauds, cults, not from God, but meant by a little at the top to control the masses... for greed and mental illness where they want to be in charge of other imperfect humans.

I am only interested in my personal relationship with God.

well i like to talk to people about their faith and try to understand what it is they have that i don't
to me it all just sounds like a fairy tale but to them it all makes sense they are not stupid so what is it they see or hear that i don't

No, I let people talk to me about it. Why not? I know they can't change me so why not listen?

you can only serve one father, that is the king of king and the lord of lord. i believe what ever you can on is all the same God we all serve but we all have different way of calling, worshipping and praising. i will advice you to hold on to something than nothing even though u don't belief in any, because when u die u will have a good place to go to(heaven or hell).

Back