Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Unregistered

THANK YOU

Hello, thank you for sharing your solution to the LG ENV2 turn off problem. It makes perfect sense. I am so glad the fix is so simple. Someone should tell Verizon and LG. Tom

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi all...
    This was happening to me with my env2 but a friend helped me fix the problem, which is caused by bad contact between the battery and the phone.

Remove the battery from the back.

At the bottom of the recess in which the battery sits are the 4 gold contacts.

First, clean these contacts with a pencil eraser and be sure to clear any eraser leavings fromt he recess.

At the top end of the recess (opposite the gold contacts) you'll see the holes where the posts from the battery pack insert.
    For this next part, you'll need a business card or some paper. I've found that a double-layer (single fold) of business card works, so probably a triple or quadruple-layer of paper will do as well. Cut the card such that it is just short enough to fit lengthwise between the post-holes, and wide enough that when folded lengthwise it will fit into the recess. Position the folded piece against the top "wall" of the recess between the post-holes and then insert your battery.

The card/paper pushes the battery downward just enough to make solid connection with the gold contacts. I did this about a month ago, and the phone has never sinced turned off on its own (it was doing it a few times a day prior to that).

Good luck!
    KDS63
    that worked perfect my phone dosn't turn off any more it was so annoying i couldn't trust my phone but now it works!!! thanks!

Unregistered
    This was happening to me with my env2 but a friend helped me fix the problem, which is caused by bad contact between the battery and the phone.

First, clean these contacts with a pencil eraser and be sure to clear any eraser leavings fromt he recess.

At the top end of the recess (opposite the gold contacts) you'll see the holes where the posts from the battery pack insert.
    For this next part, you'll need a business card or some paper. I've found that a double-layer (single fold) of business card works, so probably a triple or quadruple-layer of paper will do as well. Cut the card such that it is just short enough to fit lengthwise between the post-holes, and wide enough that when folded lengthwise it will fit into the recess. Position the folded piece against the top "wall" of the recess between the post-holes and then insert your battery.

The card/paper pushes the battery downward just enough to make solid connection with the gold contacts. I did this about a month ago, and the phone has never sinced turned off on its own (it was doing it a few times a day prior to that).

This worked for me. Brilliant. Thanks for the tip.

Unregistered

this works

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234