Will you miss HD-DVD?

K

kpslover007

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080219/ap_on_bi_ge/japan_toshiba

It has been announced that Toshiba is surrendering to the HighDef DVD format. The winner is the Blu-Ray by Sony. Personally, I knew that BR would come out on top. The PS3 is a BR player that is $400 less than an HD-DVD player. And more movies are coming out on BR rather than HDDVD. So I am glad that the HD war is finally over. I can rest assured that I go High Def with Blu-Ray. What are your thoughts?

I never had a chance to try out either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy that dvd recorder I was looking at during Christmas. Since it's predicted that Blu-Ray will come down in price and eventually take over standard format, I'm holding off until the Blu-ray player & recorder is a decent, cost efficient price.

YES.

Therefore, Im sticking with DVDs. (Until they make em no more)

well, I knew blu-ray was going to win, but since I didn't like any ps3 games, I bought the xbox 360 w/the hd-dvd extension. I figured I'd get the ps3 eventually, but now it seems it's going to be the format of choice indefinitely. I don't know about blu-ray, but most hd-dvd movies came with the standard dvd version and hi-def.

Back