Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

toshiba sattelite pro l40 recovery disk?

i need to re install windows on my laptop i have a toshiba sattelite pro l40 but i have lost my recovery disk where can i buy these ive looked all over the web??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

Too many computer manufacturers don't furnish a Vista installation DVD with their pcs that are pre-installed with Vista. Often they only have a hidden recovery partition that you can access to take back your pc to its original factory installation state! (Thus you lose your data and all installed applications, setting changes, etc.)

If you don't have an installation DVD, then you cannot reinstall Vista without using this recovery partition, and you cannot access the new Vista Recovery Environment, which is what corresponds to XP's Recovery Console. So, if you don't have a Vista installation DVD, what do you do in order to access the Vista Recovery Environment, at least? You go to this site and download the makings for a recovery disk:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Failing that I would contact Toshiba and ask them for a new copy of the recovery disk.

Arnak