Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I disable parental GPS tracking on Sprint (family locator)?

So basically, my parents track me every single time i leave the house using Sprint's family locator. Is there any way i can turn this off so they wont be able to track me?

Or does anyone have any ideas of what I can do so i wont be tracked? I dont really like the idea of not bringing my phone with me, cause i DO like calling them to let them know where i am and that im doing fine! I'm 17 by the way. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't take the phone. Tell them you'll be happy to check in with them during nights out when they loosen their grip a little.

Unregistered
    Go to your settings and turn your GPS location off..thats what i did..im 17 too..it doesnt exactly allow them NOT to track your phone but it will throw off your location..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go to your settings and turn your GPS location off..thats what i did..im 17 too..it doesnt exactly allow them NOT to track your phone but it will throw off your location..
    and if you figure out anythng else, let me knw!!

Unregistered
    I am 30 and my problem is that my boyfriend has this all set up to track me every where go. The only thing I have been able to do in order to keep from being tracked is turn my phone off. I usually say that it was a battery thing but, really it is a control issue. If you leave your phone on they will be able to look up online in your data to see where you have been anytime your phone is on.

Unregistered
    Pay for your own phone and no one will track you.

Unregistered

if u want to no

Turn off ur location then ur phone can b on and u can't be tracked it will tell them u r by the nearest cell tower so u could be 20 miles away and they won't no

Unregistered
    wha are you doing that you dont want to be tracked

Unregistered
    ^ why u asking someone what there doin?^ ur a creep. I work at sprint. Turn off gps and data. They can't track u. If they look online it will say "unavailable" parents call bitching all the time bc there kids figure it out. Bs u have to do this in the first place. Work hard, save money and get your own phone, car, etc. Its a liberating feeling. Trust me. I was in your shoes when I was 17 and it sucked REAL BAD. Good luck.

Unregistered
    ^hey I Got a Question mine say E911 only wat Does That Mean ? And the "use Wireless Networks" & "Use GPS Satellites" Off Is That Good Enough ? How Do I Know If There Still trackinq mee ? && Uhm wat bout thaa data off ? -.-

Unregistered
    download the app gps fake location u can put what location u want on there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast