How Can I keep The Car In The Center Of The Road?

n8stoolz

Apr 1, 2009
In drivers ed that tried to teach me to look across that hood and where the crease of the hood rolls over the front of the hood should line up with the white fog line on the right side. I didn't like it, but it probably worked for some people.

In drivers ed that tried to teach me to look across that hood and where the crease of the hood rolls over the front of the hood should line up with the white fog line on the right side. I didn't like it, but it probably worked for some people.

Just relax and let the car steer for you. Watching tv, some new drivers think you have to keep moving the steering wheel from left to right, but that's not the case. Don't worry, good driving doesn't just happen, it comes in time. Soon enough, you'll be a pro ;)

LOL, I had the same problem years ago and freaked my mother out!
I have learned: don't steer like its a tv show! it takes very little movement to steer.
Use the center of the hood as a guide so that from the driver's seat it appears to run along the white line on the side of the road (or where one should be).
Also, on a quiet street, take your hands off the wheel and go very slowly and see how straight the car stays without your steering at all.

being used to the passenger seat makes u feel to the right...so just keep as close left to the line as possible. and even when ur feeling to the right...ur probably not

use the steering wheel, and for the love of god stay away from highways and other drivers

I am learning how to drive and I am having trouble keeping my car from going to much to the right and too much to the left any tips?

Looking side to side
You'll drift side to side
Once you start its hard to stop
You over correct that could the problem
Try concentrating on the left
If you keep your distance on the left in line
The right will take care of its self

The classic technique is to "saw the wheel".
It destroys tires, wastes gas and is not intended for long term use.
You gently rock the wheel from side to side until get a feel for the middle of the lane. Then gradually reduce the rocking until it disappears.
It is an old technique that you see in old movies, it works to give you a feel of how the car responds to the wheel.
Just don't use it too much.
Old Fart

Just relax and let the car steer for you. Watching tv, some new drivers think you have to keep moving the steering wheel from left to right, but that's not the case. Don't worry, good driving doesn't just happen, it comes in time. Soon enough, you'll be a pro ;)

The classic technique is to "saw the wheel".
It destroys tires, wastes gas and is not intended for long term use.
You gently rock the wheel from side to side until get a feel for the middle of the lane. Then gradually reduce the rocking until it disappears.
It is an old technique that you see in old movies, it works to give you a feel of how the car responds to the wheel.
Just don't use it too much.
Old Fart

Back