Do I need an a/v receiver with HD upconversion if my dvd player already

theone78

Jan 29, 2009
1 source for every HD 1080p picture :

For example your DVD is one source, but seperate from cable.
Your cable is a seperate source and needs to be an HD reciever.
So you will need 1 HDMI cable per source, and your TV needs to have the capacity as well. As you wil lhook each source up to the back of your TV.

has this feature? What other reasons, other than DVD upconversion, would require HD upconversion? If my cable provider requires I use component cables to connect to the A/V receiver, do I need HD upconversion to the TV for that? In other words is it worth the extra money to buy an a/v receiver with HD upconversion?? Thanks!!

So you will need 1 HDMI cable per source, and your TV needs to have the capacity as well. As you wil lhook each source up to the back of your TV.

Back