Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    download.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    What brand is it? For a lot of HP models you can press F11 during bootup and it will take you to a recovery tool. Or if it's a Dell you might be able to press Ctrl+F11 during startup for the same thing.

Oh it's Iqon? Never heard of it, but you might try those buttons anyway, just in case. Otherwise, try to get your hands on a copy of XP, or some recovery discs for your specific model.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Turn on the computer and press F8 repeatedly until a menu appears about repairing your computer.

Downloads
    Uploads

How do I restore my laptop?

I have an older Iqon laptop with windows xp installed. I want to restore it to factory settings I've tried going in to the system option under control panel but it only allows me to go back to a restore point. I'm not worried about losing anything on the computer as I have all my music and pics etc on an external hard drive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put the original CD that came with your laptop and let it run. It will restore your machine to its original in 30 minutes approx. Good Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Turn on the computer and press F8 repeatedly until a menu appears about repairing your computer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's called a format and reload. What happens is by doing a F and R, your setting your HDD back to all 0's (computers are made up of a language called binary numeral system, made up of 1's and 0's)

You will have to put in a copy of windows xp and reinstall it... make sure you install the correct version of xp, either ther it be home, office, or media. You will know which version you have by looking at the COA (certificate of authenticity... a sticker on the bottom of your laptop for Windows XP.
    Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's called a format and reload. What happens is by doing a F and R, your setting your HDD back to all 0's (computers are made up of a language called binary numeral system, made up of 1's and 0's)

You will have to put in a copy of windows xp and reinstall it... make sure you install the correct version of xp, either ther it be home, office, or media. You will know which version you have by looking at the COA (certificate of authenticity... a sticker on the bottom of your laptop for Windows XP.
    Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    download.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast