Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

12V Car Power For My LEDs?

Is there something that I can buy so I can hook up my LEDs through my cigarette lighter socket? Maybe an adapter of some sort with a positive and negative end to hook up wire?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ez fix buy a 4 open socket adapter from autozone or advanced auto i think pilot makes an acceptable one with a blue or red led on it then run your neon wire under your car mats and plug em up its quick and ez

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you just have some loose leds they will likely be made for a lower voltage than 12. find out what they can take and use a resistor in series to bring the current/voltage down to what you need and butcher any old adaptor you can find that will fit the cig lighter and you should be good. if you have expensive leds be careful not to blow them out accidentally. you will need a little know how to figure it all out of course but if you specifically describe what you are doing someone can help no doubt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you just have some loose leds they will likely be made for a lower voltage than 12. find out what they can take and use a resistor in series to bring the current/voltage down to what you need and butcher any old adaptor you can find that will fit the cig lighter and you should be good. if you have expensive leds be careful not to blow them out accidentally. you will need a little know how to figure it all out of course but if you specifically describe what you are doing someone can help no doubt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ez fix buy a 4 open socket adapter from autozone or advanced auto i think pilot makes an acceptable one with a blue or red led on it then run your neon wire under your car mats and plug em up its quick and ez

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's several ways that you can do it. cut the end off of something that has a cigarette plug on it that is no longer being used or the way that I would do it is just go off of your battery +/-. A fuse and a switch is always good!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's several ways that you can do it. cut the end off of something that has a cigarette plug on it that is no longer being used or the way that I would do it is just go off of your battery +/-. A fuse and a switch is always good!