Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Unregistered
    same problem ...after i started using this toothpaste ...wonder if producer is aware

Unregistered
    It can't just be the crest pro health. The same thing happens to me almost every time I brush my teeth and I use sensodyne!

Unregistered
    This issue has been giving me problems for a few weeks now, using Crest Pro Health.

It's getting so bad that the mucous is beginning to sit in my throat and build up so thick that I get a bubble of slime when I'm sleeping and sleep with my mouth wide open so I can breath. x.x;

Downloads
    Uploads
    The same thing happens to me almost every time I brush my teeth and I use sensodyne!

Unregistered
    Is that from any kind of crest tooth paste? I have been starting to do the same and have been using crest 3D whitening it works but overall not a great feeling with the string type mucus

Unregistered

Response to Crest Pro Health

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I just had a mini panic attack when I once AGAIN noticed this white stringy mucus in my mouth. It's disgusting. I just finished my nightly regimen of brushing my teeth (with Crest Pro Health), flossing and using Listerine. Within minutes the stringy white stuff appeared. It really liked like a white worm or something and I eat a lot of sushi so that was the first thing I thought of. But now it really does seem like it's the toothpaste.
    CRAZY! Thanks so much for the reassurance

I have been using Crest Pro Health along with Pro Health mouthwash for years and have never experienced this white, mucous-like film until just recently within the last week. Though, until recently (roughly within the same time frame) I was using ACT mouth wash with Crest Pro Health toothpaste and never experienced this problem but switched back to Crest Pro Health mouthwash. Could it be a change of ingredients in the product, switching from ACT to Crest, or something more? I'm thinking I should make an appointment with my Doctor to see what he thinks it is...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have the same thing, but after using Sensodine Whitening toothpaste and rinsing with Listerine Total Care. I wonder if we can isolate the culprit ingredient
    Oh interesting! I have been using Sensodine Whitening toothpaste and also have just started noticing a little bit of this stringy mucous in my mouth afterwards. Really grossed me out! Very interesting to hear that other people are experiencing the same thing. Has anyone contacted the companies that make this stuff to tell them and ask what it might be?

Unregistered
    I have used Crest (just regular, not even the whitening type) and it did that. I used Colgate and never had the problem. My dentist recommended sensodyne and it does the same thing....I was using colgate before and never had that issue although my husband uses crest with no issues so there is something that interacts between my saliva (mouth) and the ingredients in crest. I should compare the ingredients to see what is in sensodyne and crest that's not in colgate.....

Unregistered
    Sensodyne with extra whitening did the same to me. I'm glad to know the cause of these strands of mucus, as I was concerned before I read this thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234