Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unregistered
    I've developed the same problem when using a combination of Crest Pro-Health and Listerine Zero. It's gross. Glad I'm not the only one.

Unregistered
    It's not a problem specific to Crest Pro Health. It's the whitening agent found in all toothpastes and mouthwashes marketed as "whitening". I think it's an allergy or sensitivity to whatever that ingredient is because obviously it doesn't happen to everyone. It does happen to me and it's disgusting. Switch to regular toothpaste and it will go away regardless of the brand you use.

Unregistered
    Same thing here! Used Crest Pro Health and now have gross mucus. Guess I will have to switch

Unregistered
    Thank the gods for the interwebs.

Self-loathing/blaming person that I am, I had assumed for two months that it was a fault in my salivary glands or somesuch. I'm very glad to know I'm not alone, and that a PRODUCT is the culprit. It wasn't until recently that I connected the timing of the issues with my teethbrushing. Before, I probably thought it was just a 'morning thing.'

[For me, it's the Crest Pro Health Whitening product]

Oddly, I also recently found issues with another oral care product, but this one had more 'far reaching' side effects.... I used Rembrandt's Peroxide whitening mouthwash, and developed an itchy rash... uh, down south. Like with the Crest, it took me some time to figure out it wasn't just my body chemistry doing wonky things. I finally isolated the problem, stopped using the Rembrandt, and the problem went away in a day. After a week, I tried the Rembrandt again, and it resurfaced within a day.

I'm going back to the old standards from now on. All the hi-tech dental care stuff seems to disagree with me.

Unregistered

Me Too - but with using Sensodyne

This has been happening to me too, except it is most prevalent in the AM. So the white mucus when combined with the morning coffee makes it extra lovely. This evening I brushed hours ago with Sensodyne extra whitening and used Listerine.... and you know the rest of the story. I'll do the low cost experiment of switching back to Tom's of Main and see if it stops.

Thx all for writing and sharing.

Unregistered
    LOL, I'm laughing as I'm reading these posts because I'm dealing with the same issue and I JUST bought my Crest Pro Health toothpaste today.

Unregistered
    I have been experiencing the same white stringy stuff in my mouth it is just disgusting however i was not using the Crest Pro health i have always been using Colgate total(whitening) and scope Mouth wash now been using Sensodine toothpaste now and its still there...I have no idea what else to do...any suggestions what might be the cause of this stringy stuff?

Unregistered
    interesting. i just noticed it myself recently and thought that it was something wrong with what i was eating, until i realized that i had switched toothpastes. i'm currently using sensodyne whitening as well. i used to use their baking soda one and never noticed this, so i didn't even think to suspect the toothpaste. i prefer the taste (i know...weird) of the whitening toothpaste, so it's something i can live with (i'll just rinse with water when i get to work) but good to know.

Unregistered
    I've read an answer to this somewhere and it is the peroxide that does it. It necronize or burn tissues in the oral cavity and collects to a goo. Yes, Crest Pro does it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I just had a mini panic attack when I once AGAIN noticed this white stringy mucus in my mouth. It's disgusting. I just finished my nightly regimen of brushing my teeth (with Crest Pro Health), flossing and using Listerine. Within minutes the stringy white stuff appeared. It really liked like a white worm or something and I eat a lot of sushi so that was the first thing I thought of. But now it really does seem like it's the toothpaste.
    CRAZY! Thanks so much for the reassurance
    Its the tooth paste Credt Pro Health will cause that, i have the same problem with that toothpaste, switch to something different. Maybe your scrubbing too hard.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast