Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unregistered
    I get this too after using crest pro health toothpaste! I often wondered if I was the only one...thank goodness i'm not.

Unregistered
    I think it's the stuff used in the toothpaste to help make your teeth white. Because I use colgate whitening and the samething happen to me, a long white mucus string came out of my mouth on both the top and bottom. WEIRD and GROSS!!!!

Unregistered

Check2 culated canet

Whew, glad i'm not the only one either! I mean, i was really freaking out over this. I use the crest pro health clinical gum protection and listerine zero. Well, like you all, i guess it's just something we have to put up with, because i love the products i use and other than this annoying white stringy build-up issue, i won't stop using them

thank goodness it's not stinky, ya know? Now that would make me stop!! Lol

Unregistered

Me too

I have the same issue with slim and mucus in my mouth. I end up sucking through my teeth to try to get rid of it. Very annoying and I think it is causing a bad habit of me making sucking noise.

Unregistered
    white stringy mucus can also be an indication of a minor gum infection; if you cut your gum and it got infected, or possibly gingivitis (not all toothpastes protect against it). so before you start boycotting Crest, talk to your dentist.
    Hope this helped (and I am not an employee of Crest, I promise!)

Unregistered
    it's not the toothpaste. i use a different brand. i have had this same thing on-and-off last year. stringy (long strings) of what looks like cells (?) in the area along my gum and cheek area. i pull them out (they are not attached i dont think) and look at them. they look like cells (white) and mucus (white). i have been researching what this could be. but, i think it is tied to the saliva glands (which are located along the gum and cheek area). i have not asked my dentist or doctor yet.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    it's not the toothpaste. i use a different brand. i have had this same thing on-and-off last year. stringy (long strings) of what looks like cells (?) in the area along my gum and cheek area. i pull them out (they are not attached i dont think) and look at them. they look like cells (white) and mucus (white). i have been researching what this could be. but, i think it is tied to the saliva glands (which are located along the gum and cheek area). i have not asked my dentist or doctor yet.
    Ok.. This is me adding a comment to my own previous post...
    It appears that the toothpaste brand I was using is Crest Pro Health (same family, same formulation, different "type"). There is daytime, nighttime, cinnamon, etc.
    So I stopped using it for two months and switched to Tom's All Natural to see what would happen -- The stringy cells went AWAY. So I switched back to the Crest Pro Health two days ago -- The stringy cells are BACK.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    <script type="text/javascript"<!--
    google_ad_client = "ca-pub-5450039909527073";
    /* Top */
    google_ad_slot = "9502039347";
    google_ad_width = 300;
    google_ad_height = 250;
    //-->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>

Unregistered
    Completely agree with you all. I use the Crest Pro Health Gum Protection toothpaste and it happens almost every night within a few hours after brushing my teeth! Anyone able to stop it but still continue using the product?

Floozy
    I have been using Crest Pro Health for a while and did not have the problem until I switched from ACT! to Listerine. And not even at first with the Listerine it seemed but after a few days, I get that stuff pretty much every time I brush and rinse with Listerine Total Care. And it is gross.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast