If you come across an answer where someone complains of multiple thumbs downs for it?

Yes and I love thumbs down.
It makes me happy. I dont feel the need to comform to everyone elses opinions
I hope this answer gets me 20 thumbs downs.
Blessings if you give me thumbs down.

almost always.... people who are bothered by thumbs down really shouldn't be here.... and I think its helpful to show them the exit.

almost always.... people who are bothered by thumbs down really shouldn't be here.... and I think its helpful to show them the exit.

Only if I can't decide on the best answer because many of them are either well expressed or poorly expressed. I look for truth and honesty first, entertainment value second, and try to ignore bias or falsehoods. When I see bias or falsehoods I always give thumbs down in one form or another.

No, because I usually sympathize with people who get thumbs down for totally innocuous answers. For example, in response to a question that says "Where do you live?", many people will give thumbs down to people just for stating where they live. It is these "thumbs down monkeys" whom I strongly dislike, and whatever insults the answerer can think of against these monkeys are fair game.

EDIT: Go ahead, you're just making yourselves look foolish.

No, because I usually sympathize with people who get thumbs down for totally innocuous answers. For example, in response to a question that says "Where do you live?", many people will give thumbs down to people just for stating where they live. It is these "thumbs down monkeys" whom I strongly dislike, and whatever insults the answerer can think of against these monkeys are fair game.

EDIT: Go ahead, you're just making yourselves look foolish.

Definately.

Not just when I see a lot of thumbs down, only when the answerer edits their answer to complain about it. I think your question has been misunderstood by a few people..

Back