Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Questions about online high school diploma's! Please help! My future is at stake!?

I'm 17 Thinking about getting my HS diploma through An online institution. Due to family reasons i was forced to Miss Allot of school. If i go back to Public high school I'll graduate when I'm like 20.
    I'm a fairly smart person, at least i like to think so.
    Maybe i should just get my GED. I'm scared collages won't accept me because i got my diploma online. Also I'm afraid about getting GED maybe they won't accept me as well. I'm kinda in Jam here...

Maybe i should just give up on life and become a Hobo?

Some one please help, i'm really going crazy! So many things goin' through my mind!

Side question:
    Does a person who lives in a southern state(TN) have to go to a school accredited by a "Southern association," Such as SACS? i want to go to an Online high school but it's accredited by NCA (North central association,) CITA, and DETC.

Unregistered
    I think you should try Lincoln Academy. Search Lincoln Academy on Google and it'll pop up under the link "thelincolnhighschool.com". From what I've heard, it's an incredible completely online program that rewards you with a legit High School Diploma when the courses are completed with at least a 70 or higher. (Math, science, Language Arts, Reading comprehension, etc.) just to show the Academy that you've learned from the material and are ready for your Diploma. I've read several reviews from several different sites on Lincoln and they all say it was a great Diploma program and they've either received their diploma and have enrolled in a college/found a great job with the Diploma. I'm enrolling myself, Tuition is $299 or $50 every two weeks and It's nationally accredited by the NHSAA (National Home School Association of America). I didn't want to have to go to a college with 200 people in a classroom just to take a GED test, and like I said this is 100% online so I would image they mail you your diploma once you've completed your courses. (Keep in mind, only speak from what I've heard and am in the same situation you are and need a Diploma.) Hope this helped.

Unregistered

Lincoln Academy is a total scam

Please get your GED. Our son tried Lincoln Academy got his diploma and no school would accept him and said they are a total scam. With a little hard work you can get your GED for half the cost and get on with your life. I hope this helps, if I can help save someone elsa with the stress that happens after you find out this is a scam. I relly do not know how they sleep at night knowing they have lied to so many young people.