Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much is a full blooded beagle worth?

I have a full blooded beagel dog,(hound dog) and someone told me he was worth some money I wanted to know if anyone knew how much they are worth?

Junior Member langstonrobin@ymailecom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A Beagle with championship lines can be sold for around $350 to $400 but the older they get the less. Of course, I got my beagle for $100 and he was a puppy and got a different beagle a few years ago for free, both pure breed. If the dog is over a year then you may be able to ask for $50 if he is neutered, utd on shots and in great health. It's a lot less than you may think.

Junior Member langstonrobin@ymailecom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A Beagle with championship lines can be sold for around $350 to $400 but the older they get the less. Of course, I got my beagle for $100 and he was a puppy and got a different beagle a few years ago for free, both pure breed. If the dog is over a year then you may be able to ask for $50 if he is neutered, utd on shots and in great health. It's a lot less than you may think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw someone giving one away for Free in my local paper.

Unless the dog is titled.. either CH or working titles, and and has passed genetic health tests.. they are not worth much. Beagles are very common.. they are a dime a dozen in many shelters.

Junior Member JulieGlScouseMouse's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have her KC registration papers, she may well be worth a lot. If you don't have them, she may well be a pedigree like you say, but she won't be worth anything substantial. It's proof (by way of a valid KC certificate) of a dog's ancestry that is worth the money, not the dog itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw someone giving one away for Free in my local paper.

Unless the dog is titled.. either CH or working titles, and and has passed genetic health tests.. they are not worth much. Beagles are very common.. they are a dime a dozen in many shelters.