For the past 6 years I have had serum ferritin levels over 1000 (some tests as high as 2500)

There has not been an upwards progression of the level, just constantly high except when I was pregnant 3 years ago when the level dropped to 150 (it was over 1000 again within 3 months of giving birth)

My mother and brother (half brother) have the same problem although mine are by far the highest. My mother has hepatitis C but my brother and I are negative.

Transferrin saturation normal.
Negative HFE genetic tests
Negative Liver biopsy for iron loading.

I have developed orthostatic tachycardia (may be unrelated) have had chronic fatigue for the past 6 years (the fatigue was the original reason for the test)

I have been to a haemotogist who stated that I may have a virus (for 6 years??) which i didn't find to be terribly insightful.

Other (possibly) notible things:
Small palpable thyroid
Some tests show mildly elevated platelets
Normal Liver function

Any ideas??? My doctors are stumped. My doctor has recommended blood letting as my levels are currently about 1600 but I can't see why as I do not have iron overload.

Just a list of possible disorders that could cause chronically elevated ferritin would be a help. Maybe there is something my doctor has overlooked.
If you don't know the answer could you please "star" this question, so it can get more views.
I imagine this detailed knowledge is not that common