should I get the sprint instinct or the palm pre?

holiday_latte

Oct 23, 2008
I know the phones are really different, and I know the palm pre isn't out yet, but which on should I get? Should I wait for the palm pre to come out...or buy the instinct. Please help! :)

consider this, the palm is a smartphone so there for it might be a little more complex and possibly harder to use then the *samsung instinct.

consider this, the palm is a smartphone so there for it might be a little more complex and possibly harder to use then the *samsung instinct.

Hi, I have the Palm Pre, and I'm going to tell you some of the pros and cons. First, the pros. This phone has GREAT YouTube and web browsing. It has combined SMS (texting), MMS (picture messaging) and IM (aim, yahoo, google, etc.), which makes it much easier to use. The texting on this phone is great, since it is in an instant message like format. It also has great storage (8GB), can be used as an awesome MP3 player, and the picture quality is fantastic! And, you can set downloaded songs as ringtones or alarm noises. Also, there is a unique switch on the top of the phone that when you switch it, it goes from noise to vibrate, so you don't have to navigate to the "volume and ringtones" app. But, now for the cons. This phone is VERY moisture sensitive. Mine got a little damp when it was humid out, and for weeks the volume bar icon has been sitting at the bottom of my screen (I eventually fixed it though). Also, the Palm App store is horrible (although this is probably because its a newer phone). The slide out QWERTY keyboard isn't the best keyboard there is out there. The keys are very small and close together, making it hard to text (only if you are transferring from a phone with a bigger keyboard), but you'll get used to it.
Altogether, this is a pretty good phone!

Back