Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    veronika.sosonova

Static and Dynamic Characters.?

OK. I am doing a report on The Golden Compass. I have to make a list of main characters. Then I have to identify each character as dynamic or static (and explain). Please explain using examples from the book or something. The following characters are the characters I chose:

Lyra, Mrs. Coulter, Lord Asriel, Iorek Byrnison, Farder Coram, and John Faa. I need details. PLEASE HELP!

Downloads
    Uploads
    don't take the Golden Compass so serious like that. It is nothing more than a comedy.

BGD
    Dynamic characters are characters who go through major change through the course of a story. Often this change is integral to the plot. For example, Iorek changes his perspective on people during the course of the book, which is important because he helps Lyra a lot. However, Mrs. Coulter doesn't change a lot - even though a lot happens, she is essentially the same person she was in the beginning of the novel - which makes her a static character.

HeyBye23
    Well a dynamic character is one who changed during the book, and a static character is one who stayed constant throughout the book. I personally havent read The Golden Compass, so I guess Im not really of help to you