Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't focus on any interest for more than a limited amount of time...?

I'm not sure what my problem is but am hoping that someone could shed some light on the subject for me. I find myself constantly interested in different things and can never settle on one thing or a couple things to be interested in. I will become temporarily obsessed with a subject and then for whatever reason will almost immediately become disinterested. And I get frustrated because on top of it all, I want to become "perfect" at whatever hobby or talent I become interested in. Almost like I have to master everything I come across. And whatever I seem to be interested in, consumes my thoughts constantly. My brain will never rest, until it moves on to something else it finds interested. SOmetimes my interests could last a week, sometimes a month or two. Problem is these interests can cost me money. Nothing serious at this point, but nonetheless, it's still a waste. I just can't seem to lock into anything. Is there a term for this or a reason why my brain functions this way? I am presently set up to speak with a psychiatrist about these issues, but just wanted to see if anyone else out there could shed some light on this frustrating issue! Thanks!

Unregistered
    I've got the same problem and I'm gonna talk to a shrink about it as well- Keep us posted.